Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:Unable to register WPML, commercial tab is empty

Solution:This error is happening due to the repositories.xml missing from /vendor/otgs/installer.

Go to wp-content\plugins\sitepress-multilingual-cms\vendor\otgs\installer using FTP and from place the repositories.xml file .

You should be able to get the repositories file from within

wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/trunk/vendor/otgs/installer/repositories.xml

Once thats done you need to press "Check for updates"

Relevant Documentation:

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by laysaS 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
October 23, 2018 at 2:42 pm #2842979

jaapd-2

Hi,

I'm trying to register WPML but when pressing the register WPML button I don't see anything on the commercial tab. Only a short text, translated to EN: No storage location determined.

I've deactivated all plugins except WPML but did didn't solve the issue.
I also don't see a register link in the plugin overview with every WPML plugin.

Any idea how to solve this?

Cheers,
Jaap

October 23, 2018 at 11:21 pm #2844206

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-08:00)

This error is happening due to the repositories.xml missing from /vendor/otgs/installer.

Go to wp-content\plugins\sitepress-multilingual-cms\vendor\otgs\installer using FTP and from place the repositories.xml file .

You should be able to get the repositories file from within

wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/trunk/vendor/otgs/installer/repositories.xml

Once thats done you need to press "Check for updates"

October 24, 2018 at 7:04 am #2845111

jaapd-2

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

November 8, 2019 at 11:11 am #4912551

laysaS

I'm having the same problem. The word "register" does not appear. And when I install, from the error throughout my site, that I have to go to ftp, and comment the plugin folder. The site has ssl. In my local development, it worked correctly. And my account can have 3 sites. Follow the prints