This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by laurentG-18 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
May 9, 2019 at 4:27 pm #3778067

laurentG-18

I am trying to: Revalidate our WPML subscription in WordPress (www.modulusdata.com hosted by WPEngine).

Our subscription key is lmyPxbP3yW. I do not see anywhere how to register this key in WordPress

Clicking on Revalidate in WordPress returns:

Subscription expired. You need to either purchase a new subscription or upgrade if available.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

May 9, 2019 at 6:38 pm #3778831

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. You may need to create a new key for your site. Please follow the steps below:

- Go to https://wpml.org/account/sites/
- Remove the key of your site
- Now, in the WordPress dashboard on your site click on the Plugins > Add New > Commercial (tab)
- Click on the 'Unregister WPML from this site' button
- Click on the 'Register WPML' button to register a new key
- Open the 'your account' link on a new tab (see attached image)
- Copy the new key and click on the "Ok" button
- Go back to your site and paste the new key
- Click on the 'Ok' button to register your site

Following these steps, please let me know if you were able to register a new key and update your plugins - if necessary.

Thank you.

May 9, 2019 at 7:39 pm #3779109

laurentG-18

Thank you. I now have the plugin installed and registered but I still get the following when I try to update the French version of a page:

Updating failed.

Also, I am not able to update the WPML plugin. I get the following message:

Update Failed: Could not copy file. wpml-media-translation/classes/batch-media-url-translation/wpml-media-batch-media-url-translation.php

May 10, 2019 at 6:49 pm #3787467

laurentG-18

Hello, Any idea on how to fix problems mentioned above? Page update and plugin update.

May 10, 2019 at 9:19 pm #3787841

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Sorry for the delay. This is probably some file permission problem. Access your FTP and within the wp-content/plugins/ directory, change the permissions of the directories and try to update again. You can see in the WordPress documentation: https://wordpress.org/support/article/changing-file-permissions/#using-an-ftp-client

If the problem persists, I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

May 13, 2019 at 3:34 pm #3800159

laurentG-18

My issue is resolved now.

I asked WPEngine support to solve the file permission issue. Not sure what they did (apparently chnaged some config). Anyway, after that I was able to update the WPML plugins a now, I can modify the translations without any problem.

Thank you!