Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by bilginK 3 years, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
February 5, 2018 at 12:04 pm #1507042

bilginK

Hi, hope I will explain well.

I am using Divi and WPML on that web site.
arilar.omermentes.com

The web site was supposed to be Turkish first, I created empty pages but before Turkish content, client sent English content.

I used translation management for create English pages, then edit them and make lay out with Divi. But now; I can not use those pages to translate English to Turkish. Translation management does not open for Turkish, and edit link directly send me those pages. I can not copy the lay out also from English to Turkish.

Please don't tell me it is something impossible and I should create every page manually again. How can I refresh everything to translate to Turkish?

February 6, 2018 at 8:35 pm #1509158

Bruno

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us. Please, my sincere apologies for the delay in answering.

From what I understand, after you've just added the pages in English, you've changed the language to Turkish. Is that correct?

If you created the posts in English and now want to use Turkish, you should translate this into Turkish. That is, even the language being in Turkish as default, the default language of the post/pages is the language in which the page was initially created.

That way, the page that was initially created in English will be the home page. You should be able, however, to translate this page into other languages, however, you should access the English page and then translate this into the secondary languages.

If this is not what you are asking, can you please elaborate a little more so I can better understand? Sometimes screenshots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit so if you like make use of "upload an image" below the comment area.

Thank you.

February 7, 2018 at 8:00 am #1509473

bilginK

Hi Bruno,

I cannot explain it with screenshot but will try to elaborate the issue.

Just imagine;
You first created a page in Turkish.
Then translated it to in English by using translation management.

After a while, you changed content & lay out completely and manually on English Page.

You need to change Turkish page (which was created first) content and lay out base on Edited English Page. Is there any way to do it except manual? Translation management does not work on that way, does it?

Cause I can't find an option like change the main language of translation management / change the original language of page option...

Hope I made it clear...

February 7, 2018 at 10:07 pm #1510675

Bruno

Hi,

Thank you for the explanation. From what I understand, no. Usually, the changes are made in the default language and then only the fields are translated using the Translation Editor (considering that you are using the Translation Editor).

In this case, you should make the changes in Turkish, as the page was created in Turkish. You can not edit the language of pages that are already translated.

That way, for example, if you're using a page builder, you should have to do this manually by copying the structure, pasting it on the original language and then adding the content in Turkish.

Thank you.

February 8, 2018 at 8:56 am #1511049

bilginK

Hi Bruno. I deleted original page (which is in Turkish) and create a new Turkish page by overwriting with English Content. This works. So, I will manage the situation like this.

I wish translation editor could work both ways 🙂

Thanks..