Please make sure to update to WPML to the latest and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I unable to translate some headings at my website.

Solution: The theme that you're using is creating some custom WPBakery modules. In this case, you need to make these new modules compatible with WPML by following the steps from here: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/maintaining-wpbakery-page-builder-compatibility-with-wpml/ Also, the theme options strings can be made available for translation in String translation by following the steps from here https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/theme-localization/translating-options-coming-from-themes-and-plugins/

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/maintaining-wpbakery-page-builder-compatibility-with-wpml/ https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/theme-localization/translating-options-coming-from-themes-and-plugins/

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by santoshm 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
January 28, 2020 at 3:59 pm #5378957

santoshm

I unable to translate some headings at my website

(hidden link)

I can't find it in 'String Translation' option also. How can i fix this problem?

January 29, 2020 at 10:15 am #5383163

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hey,

Thank you for reaching out to the WPML support!

According to the documentation of WPBakery with WPML (https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/how-to-build-multilingual-sites-with-wpbakery-page-builder-and-wpml/), the accordion element should be working fine.

Can you make sure that the translation status is at 100%, then make a small change to the original page (like adding one more point at the end of a sentence), then try again to translate again the page. This time, you should be able to translate accordion titles.

Also, you can search for the accordion titles in WPML → String translation area too.

If this is not fixing the issue, just give me access to the dashboard area and I'll have a closer look at it.

Thanks,
Radu

January 31, 2020 at 9:06 am #5397691

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

It seems that the Title and Text module is added by the theme that you're using and WPML doesn't know how to handle the content from it. That's why I added a small piece of XML config to WPML → Settings → Custom XML Configuration tab.

Now, if you edit the Arabic translation of this page hidden link, you can see that the missing text is available for translation.

For all the other pages, all you have to do is edit the original (English) page, make a small change (like adding one more point to the end of a sentence), then save changes.

This way, WPML will scan again the page and will find the text from the Title and Text module.

Please try this one and let me know if there's any text that you still need help with.

Thanks,
Radu

February 2, 2020 at 6:16 am #5406469

santoshm

Hello Radu,

Still have issues with translations.

1. Accordian Tab titles not working. I can't see titles on string translation

hidden link

2. Why "arabic language" link showing on the top instead of "english language"? Actually we want goes to English version of the website right? And same problem in English version of the website also.

hidden link

Regards and thanks,
Shinto George

February 2, 2020 at 6:23 am #5406493

santoshm

Hello Radu,
I found one more issue.

I translated Footer widgets but it's not showing in footer. :(. Still showing english footer only.

Regards and thanks,
Shinto George

February 2, 2020 at 9:57 pm #5408261

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

Can you edit the Arabic translation of this page, please? hidden link

This time you should find all the elements available for translation. Also, please make sure that all the Translation is complete boxes are checked before saving the changes.

You should be able to translate the footer content by searching for the texts in WPML → String translation. I searched, for example for Our programs are designed to aim of one the main goals of Ayurveda. and I found the whole content of that widget. Just simply copy the original content, replace the sentences with the translated ones, mark the translation as complete, and save it.

This time, the footer elements should be displayed translated.

Last but not least, please go to WPML → Languages, and add a Menu language switcher, a Widget language switcher, or a Footer language switcher, and tell me it displays the right language this time.

As I can see, the language switcher from the top of the page is created using some custom code, inside the theme (not added by WPML). In this case, you should reach out to the theme authors and ask them to have a quick look at this.

Thanks,
Radu

February 4, 2020 at 5:08 pm #5423557

santoshm

Hello,

Thank you for your valued helps.

1. Still the footer widget translation is not working. I translated through "String translation".

&

2. "Contact Form 7" forms also cant find it in "String translation" for these pages.

hidden link

hidden link

Regards and thanks
Shinto George

February 5, 2020 at 2:39 pm #5431455

Radu
Supporter

Hey George,

I was able to check this out a bit closer and see how the widgets are added to the bottom of the page. As I can see, you're using a custom widget that's using the content of some pages to display the content.

I tried to add a new widget to the Footer 3 area, and select the Arabic Footer Subscription page on it. This is the page of the footer subscription, in Arabic: hidden link. As you can see, the text right under the menu is showing well.

However, in the footer, on the second Join Us! section, there's no content used. This means that the widget that you're using, Codevz - Page content, is not getting the content of the translated page.

Since this widget is created by the Codevz author, could you reach out to the theme authors and ask them to have a look at this, please? I tried to find a way to fix this but I didn't find how their widget is working exactly and that's why I'm suggesting reaching out to them. They should be able to find the issue in no time, since this is a widget they created.

Please let me know how this goes and if they are asking for any help from our side.

Thanks,
Radu

February 6, 2020 at 8:04 am #5436971

santoshm

Hello Radu,

Thank you for your valuable help. I just fixed the footer problem. I created seperate widget content and replaced instead of showing english.

But still you didn't give answer for my 2nd question. "Contact Form 7" contents not showing for translations.

hidden link
hidden link

February 6, 2020 at 10:09 am #5437599

Radu
Supporter

Hey George,

I translated the text from the footer area for you. Please have a look.

Regarding the contact form, just simply follow the steps from the documentation right here https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/using-contact-form-7-with-wpml/. You'll be able to translate everything very fast and easy. Just give this a try and tell me how it works.

Thanks,
Radu

February 9, 2020 at 8:20 am #5455529

santoshm

Hello Radu,

Thank you so much. Still i can't find it where you added that Copyright footer part.

We want added this

جميع الحقوق محفوظة © 2017 مركز المنار للأيروفيدا والطب الهندي التقليدي

footer line instead of english version "Copyright © 2017 Al Manar Ayurvedic Center. All Rights Reserved. Design: Mirrors"

February 9, 2020 at 9:51 am #5455639

Radu
Supporter

Hey George,

Can you check the footer text now, please? I could see that this was added through Customizer so I looked for the text in WPML → String translation → Translate texts in admin screens (footer area), and made be available for translation in WPML → String translation.

You can find a few more details about this right here (for other theme options elements) https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/theme-localization/translating-options-coming-from-themes-and-plugins/

Thanks,
Radu

February 10, 2020 at 7:53 am #5459135

santoshm

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!