This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Konrad Karpieszuk 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Konrad Karpieszuk.

Author Posts
March 5, 2019 at 9:35 am #3272478

berniceK

I am trying to: translate ACF fields, I was told to install ACF multilingual plugin, however I am still unable to translate the field groups

Was chatting with your support just now and was disconnected

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

March 6, 2019 at 8:07 am #3277297

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello Bernice,

please check our documentation for ACFML plugin

https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/

please follow the instructions there and I am sure it will work for you.

If not, please paste the part from documentation here and describe what other result other than described you have

March 6, 2019 at 9:12 am #3277732

berniceK

Hi Konrad,
Are you able to login my site to check it? I have check through the documentations and everything is in place. However, when I try to update the fields to translatable, it doesn't work. It was revert back to not translatable.

March 6, 2019 at 10:03 am #3278089

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

No, I can't login due you didn't share a login data yet. I am marking your next reply as private, so please share 🙂

where do you try to update translation preferences? Please share the direct link to the page where you try to do this

March 7, 2019 at 7:49 am #3282678

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

Hello

yes, I see this error too. It looks like some other plugin or your theme is causing this error and the all the logic for ACF/ACFML is blocked and that's why you can't set it.

Please create a database backup.

And then, please disable all plugins (except WPML, ACF and ACFML) and set your theme to default and see if error disappear and - even if it doesn't - see if you can save translation preferences.

If it is working then, start turning on your other plugins one by one and observe when the errors are back.

This way you will find "the guilty"