Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by emmanuelF-3 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
April 17, 2021 at 11:14 am #8560935

emmanuelF-3

Hello,

I translated all the words I needed. However, I cannot translate "add to cart" into French and this only on the page of a single product. The phrase "add to cart" does not appear to appear in the string translation.

Regards,

Emmanuel

Screenshot1.png
Screenshot2.png
April 18, 2021 at 10:23 am #8564109

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Emmanuel,

Thank you for reaching out to the WPML support!

I tried to look at the product on your website but I could see that it's in maintenance mode.

What you can try to do is go to WPML → String Translation area, delete the Add to cart string that's a part of the woocommerce domain, go to WPML → Theme and plugins localization, scan the WooCommerce plugin for strings, and then add again the translation for Add to cart in WPML → String Translation.

If the text is still not translated, can you tell me if this is still happening if you deactivate all the plugins except for WPML and activate a default theme, like Twenty Twenty, please? I just want to make sure that this is not an issue caused by one of the plugins (or by the theme) that you're using.

Thanks,
Radu

April 18, 2021 at 12:07 pm #8564413

emmanuelF-3

Hello Radu,

Thank you for your message.
I did what you asked me in Part 1 but the sentence still did not translate.

By doing what you asked me in the second part the sentence ADD TO CART is translated!

PS: if you need access to the site as it is under maintenance, no problem for me.

Regards,

Emmanuel

April 19, 2021 at 1:08 pm #8572649

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Emmanuel,

Since the translation works fine when you deactivate all the plugins except for WPML and activated the Twenty Twenty theme, then try to activate them back (the plugins and the theme), one by one, and see when the text is back to not being translated.
Once you identify which plugin or that the theme is causing this, just go back to WPML → Theme and plugins localization, scan that plugin (or theme) for strings, and look again on WPML → String translation area to translate it.

There's a chance that one of the plugins (or the theme) that you're using is overwriting this string and you need to translate that specific string (even though it's the same - the domain is different so there's no translation loaded for it).

Please give this a try and tell me how it works.

Thanks,
Radu

April 22, 2021 at 4:34 pm #8603717

emmanuelF-3

My issue is resolved now. Thank you! The problem comes from the Theme. I have to inform the developper. Regards, Emmanuel