This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by mircoG 4 years, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mladen Andrejic.

Author Posts
August 19, 2015 at 6:14 am #681990

mircoG

I am trying to: update from 3.2.2 to 3.2.3

URL of (my) website where problem appears: hidden link

I expected to see: update successfully

Instead, I got: WPML Multilingual CMS non può essere aggiornato perché la registrazione del tuo sito non è valida. RegistraWPML di nuovo per questo sito.
I registred again but I have the same problem

Note: is multisite and with both soget-est.it and soget-est.it/wp path... it seems it tries to update soget-est.it looking for soget-est.it/wo license number.

August 19, 2015 at 8:16 am #682074

Mladen Andrejic

Hello,

From the debug.log I can see that your SiteURL differs from HomeURL

SiteURL hidden link
HomeURL hidden link

This is creating the conflict for WPML. If you could change the SiteURL path I believe everything will be fine.

Thanks.

August 20, 2015 at 5:39 am #682841

mircoG

Thank you for your assistance.
Where I have to change the site URL path? Please note that all my WordPress and Theme files are located in ...root/wp path folder and subfolder and not directly in the root.
Thank you.

August 20, 2015 at 9:57 am #683064

Mladen Andrejic

Hello,

Well in that case WordPress URL needs to stay under /wp and you will need to enter the key for this URL : hidden link and that's it 🙂

Thanks.

August 20, 2015 at 10:18 am #683081

mircoG

That's what I did and it worked before but does not update now. I have registered both paths. It seems look at root path to download files and at /wp to install and the error is displayed.

August 20, 2015 at 11:51 am #683167

Mladen Andrejic

Hello,

In order to be of a better help, I will need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply like this hidden link .
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

// NOTE : Make sure that you have performed the backup before you let me access the site.

Thanks.

August 24, 2015 at 9:07 am #685307

Mladen Andrejic

Hello,

Can you please go to this page : hidden link

And here insert the key you created for this website : hidden link under https://wpml.org/account/sites/

You won't need the key for other websites because the WPML is network activated and it uses the root directory for it.

Thanks.

August 24, 2015 at 12:44 pm #685695

mircoG

I have the same problem!
I used the key I created for hidden link and when I try to install the update the following message is displayed:
"Il tuo abbonamento sembra non essere più valido. Prova a registrare di nuovo il tuo sito utilizzando una chiave valida."
If you want I send you such key in order you can verify by yourselves.

I had no such problem with the previous upgrades.

Regards

August 24, 2015 at 12:50 pm #685706

Mladen Andrejic

Hello,

Can you please recreate the key and try again?

1. If the problem still persist, please check it when

- All non WPML Plugins are disabled
- Theme is set to default Twenty Fourteen

2. Activate WordPress debug.log and see if there are any errors displayed? Here are the instructions for activating it : https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

3. Can you please add this line of code in your wp-config.php file

define('WPML_DEBUG_INSTALLER', true);

before the line

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Once you save wp-config.php you will see the debug info when registering that looks like this hidden link

Please copy those informations back to me.

4. Also, maybe the server that you are using for this website has firewall that blocks our API hidden link and hidden link

So if you could ask your hosting support if this creates the problem it would be nice.

Thanks.

August 25, 2015 at 9:30 am #686624

mircoG

I'm unable to reproduce requested debug info.

You have both WordPress and FTP credentials, please try by yourself. P

The site is now in the following conditions:
- All non WPML Plugins are disabled
- Theme is set to default Twenty Fourteen
- WordPress debug.log activated

No API problems with my provider.

I've deleted previous registration and re-registed but no debug info is displayed!!!!!

Finally, this is the debug log content, with no info about your plugin:
[25-Aug-2015 09:01:18] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: data in /htdocs/public/www/wp/wp-content/plugins/LayerSlider/classes/class.km.autoupdate.v3.php on line 183
[25-Aug-2015 09:01:18] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /htdocs/public/www/wp/wp-content/plugins/LayerSlider/classes/class.km.autoupdate.v3.php on line 183
[25-Aug-2015 09:02:27] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: data in /htdocs/public/www/wp/wp-content/plugins/LayerSlider/classes/class.km.autoupdate.v3.php on line 183
[25-Aug-2015 09:02:27] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /htdocs/public/www/wp/wp-content/plugins/LayerSlider/classes/class.km.autoupdate.v3.php on line 183
[25-Aug-2015 09:05:17] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: data in /htdocs/public/www/wp/wp-content/plugins/LayerSlider/classes/class.km.autoupdate.v3.php on line 183
[25-Aug-2015 09:05:17] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /htdocs/public/www/wp/wp-content/plugins/LayerSlider/classes/class.km.autoupdate.v3.php on line 183

I confirm than your plugin check 2 different paths soget-est.it/wp FOR AVAILABLE UPDATES and soget-est.it ti INSTALL THEM and when installation process start the plug in does not accept the .../wp key.

Please check asap in order I can activated plugins again.

Thank you

Furio

August 25, 2015 at 11:30 am #686768

Mladen Andrejic

Hello,

There are few more things that could affect this :

1. Can you please update WordPress to the latest 4.3 version?

2. Please try to update PHP and MySQL versions as well.

3. Then update WPML manually, You can download latest versions from here https://wpml.org/account/downloads/

Then you should deactivate and delete all WPML plugins from your website, and follow the instructions here (Section : Updating WPML Manually) https://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/

// NOTE : Please make a complete backup of your website, before updating. The update should go without problems, but in case something goes wrong it is good to have a backup.

- And now register the key and see if there are any problems.

Thanks.

August 25, 2015 at 1:46 pm #689176

mircoG

It works!
I hope it will update new releases automatically.
Thank you and regards

September 5, 2015 at 2:52 pm #698393

mircoG

New update, same problem.
I can nor spend hours overtime you release a new update.
I still have my credential, please try to definitely solve the problem by yourselves!
I can upgrade all other plugins without problems.
Thank you

September 5, 2015 at 2:53 pm #698394

mircoG

New update, same problem.
I can not spend hours all times you release a new update.
You still have my credential, please try to definitely solve the problem by yourselves!
I can upgrade all other plugins without problems.
Thank you

September 6, 2015 at 9:58 am #698513

mircoG

I've updated. I've been forced to completely delete plugins and install new ones.
Automatic updating does not work (not vlid key message is displayed).