This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
April 29, 2019 at 3:05 pm

guillaumeR-7

I use wpml to translate our website from French to English.I use Elementor to build all pages. And I'm using the very simple HelloTheme theme provided by Elementor

Hello,

Since the last update of all the modules I encounter big dysfunctions with WPML
- I am unable to edit English translations of pages built with Elementor. I do not see any blocks built with Elementor to translate into the translation editor (whether with the classic or advanced editor)
- I also note a significant slowdown in the loading of translated pages

During the last update of the various modules of the website, I encountered problems that forced me to disable and then reactivate the Elementor module and the various WPML modules. I do not know if it's related.

Thank you for your help

April 30, 2019 at 4:26 am #3707805

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

I understand you are having issues translating element pages. Since this type of issues can be created by some conflicts or php errors. I would need your help to narrow down the issue. Could you please provide feedback on the following questions as much as possible?

Can you confirm that you are still experiencing performance issues with minimal set up (all plugins except WPML disabled and the theme on a WordPress default such as Twenty Nineteen)

1. Please follow the debugging information provided here: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/
2. Repeat the action of creating the problem.
3. Copy and paste the contents of debug.log (log file inside the /wp-content/ directory) here for me to see.

Can you create a new page and test the issue?

Thank you for helping us to pinpoint the issue. Feel free to add any further information you may have.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

May 3, 2019 at 6:19 am #3731075

guillaumeR-7

Hello,
I still need assistance, but I didn't have time to duplicate the site. I hope to do that in the next days.
You have the login credentials for the live site if you want to see the problem on a draft page.
Regards.

May 6, 2019 at 9:35 am #3746531

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Did you manage to get time to test this?

You have the login credentials for the live site if you want to see the problem on a draft page.

Could you please provide the exact steps that you are performing so I can try it?

Thanks

May 13, 2019 at 8:23 am #3796029

guillaumeR-7

Hello,

Sorry for my late answer. I am now 100% available to find a solution to my problem.
I created a development environment (I can give you credential info if you want).

I did the different steps that you indicated to me, without success.

#1 I tested by disabling everything (even Elementor) and leaving only the WPML plugins. But it is still not possible to translate the content of some pages
--> In some pages I have only title, but no content !

#2 I have this error message :

[13-May-2019 08:05:23 UTC] Erreur de la base de données WordPress Unknown column 'wrap_tag' in 'field list' pour la requête 
					SELECT id, name, value, wrap_tag, type, title
					FROM vcrp_icl_strings
					WHERE string_package_id=17
					ORDER BY location, id ASC faite par do_action('wpml_page_wpml-translation-management/menu/translations-queue'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, WPML_Translation_Management->translation_queue_page, WPML_Translations_Queue->display, WPML_Translation_Editor_UI->render, WPML_Translation_Editor_UI->output_model, WPML_Translation_Editor_UI->add_titles_and_adjust_styles, apply_filters('wpml_tm_adjust_translation_fields'), WP_Hook->apply_filters, WPML_TM_Page_Builders_Hooks->adjust_translation_fields_filter, WPML_TM_Page_Builders->adjust_translation_fields_filter, WPML_TM_Page_Builders_Field_Wrapper->get_string_type, WPML_TM_Page_Builders_Field_Wrapper->is_valid, WPML_TM_Page_Builders_Field_Wrapper->get_package, apply_filters('wpml_st_get_string_package'), WP_Hook->apply_filters, WPML_Package_Helper->get_string_package, WPML_ST_Package_Factory->create, WPML_Package->__construct, WPML_Package->init_from_array, WPML_Package->set_package_post_data, WPML_Package->update_strings_data, WPML_Package->get_package_strings

And sometimes I had this line error in several times (but I could not reproduce it every time) :

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$name in /var/www/vhosts/vandoren.fr/devlpt.vandoren.fr/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/inc/package-translation/inc/wpml-package.class.php on line 189

#3 I create a new page, and i was unable to translate content (only title).

May 13, 2019 at 12:07 pm #3797857

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Thank you for getting back to the issue.

It looks like there are some WPML tables that are missing columns as per the debug log, so to fix this issue, we will need to fix the tables manually, could you please provide me login details of your staging site so I can test it first and provide you exact steps that you will need to perform?

To debug this issue further, I would need to check your site settings once, for this I would need temporary access (wp-admin and ftp) to your site.

So could you please provide me those details, you will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
hidden link

This info is private and available to you and WPML supporters only.
Read more about this: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Note:
Backup your sites before providing the credentials or if possible provide credentials for the test site

Thanks

May 13, 2019 at 1:13 pm
May 14, 2019 at 4:05 am #3803375

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

The wp-login detail is not working so I couldn't verify if the problem is solved.

Anyway, the ftp login details were working so I checked your database and noticed that vcrp_icl_strings was missing a wrap_tag column, I added the column manually so could you please now check if the problem exists?

Thanks

May 14, 2019 at 8:13 am #3804629

guillaumeR-7

Hello,
The backoffice access is working now.

I test to translate a page, but the problem is still here.

May 14, 2019 at 8:46 am #3804837

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Could you please try with a new page? I can see you have disabled elementor right now, is it ok if I enabled it on the site itself.

Also, if possible could you please attach a few screenshots of the steps you perform while translating so I can perform the same steps to debug?

Thanks

May 14, 2019 at 9:31 am #3805187

guillaumeR-7

Hello this is a staging website, you can test yourself if you want. You can enabling Elementor and Elementor Pro.

The problem is still here with the wordpress block editor.

You can see the problem on the page that begin with "TEST - ".

May 14, 2019 at 9:42 am #3805325

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I can see the texts available for translation correctly, could you please check it once again?

Let me know how that goes! If it’s still not working for you, may I request you to attach a few screenshots showing each step you are following, so I can give a try to reproduce the issue on my end?

THanks

May 14, 2019 at 10:29 am #3805917

guillaumeR-7

Yes, it seems OK now since you activated Elementor...

Have you done any other action than just reactivating Elementor?

And some page seems to be blocked with the advanced translation editor ?

May 14, 2019 at 11:02 am #3806163

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Have you done any other action than just reactivating Elementor?

I updated the elementor free version to the latest version and activated the elementor and elementor pro plugin.

And some page seems to be blocked with the advanced translation editor?

It will be hard for me to check which page is affected without a proper link, so could you please let me provide a link here which seems to be blocked?

Thanks

May 14, 2019 at 12:54 pm #3806979
guillaumeR-7

Hello,

OK... You just have to click on the "gear wheel" WPML icon to find easily a page with this problem...

For exemple, this page (advanced translation editor is blocking) : hidden link

Or this page (can't have advanced editor) : hidden link

Thanks

New threads created by Shekhar Bhandari and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/advanced-translation-editor-is-not-loading-properly/