This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
June 28, 2019 at 11:14 am #4106789

rienkS

I am trying to: add and translate a searchtag on my customers custom post type 'Campings'.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: It's only visible in the back-end of the custom post type.

I expected to see: When i press 'toevoegen' it should give me the possibility to add the searchtag in an other language, for example English or German.

Instead, I got: It looks like it is in some kind of loop, no mather how many times I click on it, im still being send back to the Dutch searchtag I want to translate.

ps: This was never a problem, before I could translate them. The tags that I already translated are still working, and those who already been added, are translatable. So only new searchtags won't let me translate them.

I've added some pictures so you can see that the settings are correct, that new tags wont let me translate them and that old tags are already added and still translatable.

Last month we received an answer to update everything, now we did. So please help us.

June 28, 2019 at 5:02 pm #4109559

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking. Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup.

Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

hidden link

Please share me a couple of screenshots for a better understanding of the issue.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 5, 2019 at 3:18 pm #4152341

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Denise,

Thank you for the details and login information. This may be a compatibility issue. This post type and taxonomy is a part of your theme, am I right?

Have you designed your theme from scratch? Please share more details about your theme.

Please try the following troubleshooting steps after a site backup and make sure the issue is existing or not.

1) Go to WPML>>Support page

2) Click on Troubleshooting link (blue link in the middle of the page)

3) In Troubleshooting page, please click on the following options of the *Clean up* section. Wait for confirmation of processing after each one.

- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information
- Fix WPML tables collation
- Assign translation status to duplicated content
- Fix terms count
- Fix post type assignment
- Recreate ST DB cache tables

4) Visit WPML>>Taxonomy Translation, choose *Zoektags*
5) Try to translate the Zoektags terms

Please note, I haven't made any changes in the site.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 8, 2019 at 9:30 am #4160531

rienkS

Hi Bigul,

Thanks, we are going to follow these steps.

The theme is a custom theme. The post type and texanomy are indeed created by us. But the strange thing is, it did worked before.. We have no clue why this isn't working anymore...

But we will follow the steps you suggested. I will keep you updated!

July 8, 2019 at 5:55 pm #4164815

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Denise,

Thank you for the updates. Take your time. We will wait for your feedback.

If the issue exists, please share with me the WordPress debug.log (not WPML debug information) for more details.

Please check this page for instructions https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings 
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
@ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

// Use dev versions of core JS and CSS files (only needed if you are modifying these core files)
define( 'SCRIPT_DEBUG', true );

In this case, the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the */wp-content/* directory. Please do the steps to reproduce the bug and check you are getting any errors or warning related to WPML in the log file.

If you can paste your debug.log to http://pastebin.com/index.php and provide me that link it would be great! (This is the cleanest way because sometimes the logs are long and create a complete mess of discussion).

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 18, 2019 at 2:49 pm #4239767

rienkS

Hi Bigul,

So now we are aible to translate old 'zoektags' in WPML --> Taxonomy --> Zoektags, but the system doesnt seem recognize the new 'zoektags' within this taxonomy. So all the old tags, from like 3 months ago are there, but all the new ones are not visible.. Can you help us with that?

Thanks a lot!

July 18, 2019 at 6:42 pm #4241893

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Denise,

Thank you for the updates. The newly added Terms are not visible for translation in WPML>>Taxonomy Translation, am I right? Does it list after WPML Troubleshooting steps?

Please check you can translate the new terms from Taxonomy term's edit screen. Check the attached image for more details.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 22, 2019 at 11:42 am #4256753

rienkS

Hi Bigul,

Yes we are aible to translate old terms, but not in the way you show. If we press 'toevoegen' we get a loop... So the only way we can translate them is if we go to WPML --> Taxonomy --> get the 'Zoektags' taxonomy and then we can find the old terms, but not the new ones...

What do you mean with 'does it list after WPML troubleshooting steps'?

July 22, 2019 at 5:33 pm #4260449

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Denise,

Thank you for the updates. Please try the following troubleshooting steps after a site backup.

1) Go to WPML>>Support page

2) Click on Troubleshooting link (blue link in the middle of the page)

3) In Troubleshooting page, please click on the following options of the *Clean up* section. Wait for confirmation of processing after each one.

- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information
- Fix WPML tables collation
- Assign translation status to duplicated content
- Fix terms count
- Fix post type assignment

Then make sure you can translate the newly added terms from Terms edit screen like the following screenshots or from WPML>>Taxonomy Translation section.

hidden link

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 29, 2019 at 2:11 pm #4300753

rienkS

Hi Bigul,

I did all the above, but it didn't work. Could you please log-in and try it yourself? I already granded you access to the website. This thing is going on for months now and our client is getting impatient...

WPML still doesn't recognize the new made 'zoektags' in Taxonomies and if I try the normal way of translating I'm still stuck in a loop..

Please help us out.

July 29, 2019 at 4:22 pm #4301873

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Denise,

Thank you for the updates. It requires further checking. So please allow me to make a duplicator copy of your site using the Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue on my local server.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

The topic ‘[Closed] Unaible the add and translate searchtags of custom post types’ is closed to new replies.