This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.84 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dennis 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Dennis.

Author Posts
July 3, 2019 at 8:47 pm #4138909

stephaneM-32

I am trying to: order and Paypal gateway do a 500 error

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: in attachment

I expected to see: all gateways without errors

Instead, I got: I cannot order at all

It's WooCommerce Multilingual which is concerned with a conflict with Paypal module in WooCommerce 3.4 : the technical error is :

[03-Jul-2019 19:51:36 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get_setting() on null in /home/site/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/classes/multi-currency/payment-gateways/class-wcml-currencies-payment-gateways.php:115
Stack trace:
#0 /home/site/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): WCML_Currencies_Payment_Gateways->filter_gateway_description('Payer par Paypa...', 'paypal')
#1 /home/site/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(203): WP_Hook->apply_filters('Payer par Paypa...', Array)
#2 /home/site/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes/abstracts/abstract-wc-payment-gateway.php(309): apply_filters('woocommerce_gat...', 'Payer par Paypa...', 'paypal')
#3 /home/site/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/templates/checkout/payment-method.php(29): WC_Payment_Gateway->get_description()
#4 /home/site/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/includes/wc-core-functions.php(210): include('/home/site/pu...')
#5 /home/site/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/templates/che in /home/site/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/classes/multi-currency/payment-gateways/class-wcml-currencies-payment-gateways.php on line 115

July 4, 2019 at 4:50 am #4140339

Dennis
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Manila (GMT+08:00)

Hi,

Welcome to WPML Support forum.

Does the issue exists if you try to update WooCommerce to latest version? Please backup your site completely before updating.

Also, please try to re-save the enabled payment gateways and check if it resolves the issue.

Please let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Dennis

July 4, 2019 at 5:37 am #4140373

stephaneM-32

Cause the site is in production and many modules could not be compatible, I can't upgrade WooCommerce to the 3.6 version right now.
Is there something to do cause the multicurrency is useless ?

July 4, 2019 at 7:32 am #4140783

Dennis
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

It could be that one of your plugin(s) are conflicting with WPML. The best way to check for plugin conflicts is by putting your site to minimal environment. If possible, get your site into a minimum environment. Minimum environment means switching to a default WordPress theme like Twentyseventeen and no plugins activated except WPML and the plugins required to debug.

If possible, I would suggest to do this test on a staging site.

-backup your site completely.
-deactivate all non WPML Plugins except the plugins required to debug. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with other plugin.
-set to a WordPress default like Twenty Sixteen. Its will tell us if there is an interaction issue with your theme.
-If the problem disappears, start activating one at the time to track where the incompatibility is produced.

If the errors still persists even in a minimum environment, I would like to request for temporary access to your site and please tell me the exact steps on how to reproduce the issue which triggers the php error.

I will enable the access information box so you could share to us the (ftp/wp-admin) access credentials securely.

Note: Please backup your site completely before giving us temporary access.

Privacy and Security Policy
We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Kind regards,
Dennis

July 4, 2019 at 1:55 pm #4144099

stephaneM-32

Hi,

Problem is simple.

1. When I update to the last version of WPML components. One plugin (Paypal Gateway) in WooCommerce 3.4 is in conflict when the multicurrency option is active.
2. It makes an error 500 and I'm obviously unable to order. If I disable the Paypal Gateway it's working (but not possible of course).
3. When I deactivate the multicurrency option everythink is working

To maintain webite stability, I cannot update woocommerce to see if the problem is here again.

When I try on the staging it works we do not have LiteSpeed Plugin Cache on this one. Do you think there's a fix right there just foir this error ?

Regards

July 5, 2019 at 4:41 am #4147461

Dennis
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

If the issue is not reproduced on the staging site, the issue could be related to your server configuration on your production site. Have you tried disabling the LiteSpeed cache on your production server?

To debug the issue further, we need to check it on the test site where the issue is replicated.

Could you please provide a snapshot of your site so we can debug it locally? Here are the step to do this with Duplicator plugin: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/.

Your next reply will be private so you can leave a download links for your snapshot files (2 files) - installer and archive files .

Kind regards,
Dennis

The topic ‘[Closed] Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get_setting() on null’ is closed to new replies.