This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by izestM 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
September 30, 2019 at 4:00 pm #4666213

izestM

I am trying to: Update Plugin from 3.9.4 to4.2.9

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: Throughout the website

I expected to see: Website functioning properly

Instead, I got: Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'Twig_SimpleFunction' not found in /home/dohamall/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/translation-proxy/class-wpml-jobs-fetch-log-ui.php:30 Stack trace: #0 /home/dohamall/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/menu/wpml-tm-menus.class.php(53): WPML_Jobs_Fetch_Log_UI->__construct(Object(WPML_Jobs_Fetch_Log_Settings), Object(WPML_WP_API)) #1 /home/dohamall/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/class-wpml-translation-management.php(47): WPML_TM_Menus->__construct(Object(WPML_Twig_Template)) #2 /home/dohamall/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/plugin.php(75): WPML_Translation_Management->__construct(Object(SitePress), Object(WPML_TM_Loader), Object(TranslationManagement), Object(WPML_TP_Translator)) #3 /home/dohamall/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): wpml_tm_load_ui(Object(SitePress)) #4 /home/dohamall/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NUL in /home/dohamall/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-translation-management/classes/translation-proxy/class-wpml-jobs-fetch-log-ui.php on line 30

Reverted back to the 3.9.4 version.

September 30, 2019 at 10:17 pm #4667681

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

Which version of PHP are you currently running on your server?

Also if possible try performing a manual update of the plugin and verify that WPML Translation Management is deactivated until the main WPML plugin is updated.

To do a manual update please follow these steps:

1. Backup your database – see for example http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-db-backup/

2. Deactivate the existing WPML plugin and add-ons.

3. Delete the plugin files – this does not delete your translations. You will simply delete the plugin files from you "wp-content/plugins" folder NOT the database records.

4. Download the updated plugins from our servers and upload them to the plugin directory.

5. Activate the WPML plugin and add-ons.

Let me know your results, please.

October 1, 2019 at 9:19 am #4670103

izestM

Thanks Bobby. Manual update worked.

October 1, 2019 at 9:19 am #4670105

izestM

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!