Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 1 year, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
November 22, 2019 at 6:57 pm #5001551

jonathanF-3

I am trying to: Translate product using WooCommerce Multilingual.

I'm getting an error :
Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get_source_language_code() on boolean....

Very similar to this topic : https://wpml.org/forums/topic/woocommerce-multilingual-not-showing-wpml-editor/

November 22, 2019 at 7:03 pm #5001641

jonathanF-3

Forgot to mention :

Getting a warning in dashboard that REST API is disabled. (Not sure how or why) but when I check manually, it doesn't seem disabled....

November 23, 2019 at 1:22 pm #5004231

Bruno

Thank you for contacting us. Exactly when you are doing what causes this problem? When are you translating a product using the native WordPress editor or the Translation Editor?

Also, what is the complete error message? At the moment I see the name of the method being called, but I can't see the line where it is happening.

I noticed that you are using some plugins without the latest updates. Please, could you update all your plugins and check if the problem persists? Remember to back up your site (files and database) before updating your plugins.

Thank you.

November 25, 2019 at 9:09 pm #5017109

jonathanF-3

Trying to translate a product in WooCommerce Multilingual : hidden link

Here's the error : hidden link

November 26, 2019 at 1:02 pm #5021657

Bruno

Thank you for the explanation. I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

November 28, 2019 at 12:52 pm #5035969

Bruno

Thank you. I fixed the problem on your site. Could you please check if your site is now working properly? The problem is that one of the database columns was not updated correctly. It is now working correctly.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have about it. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

December 1, 2019 at 2:17 pm #5049555

jonathanF-3

Hi, thanks Bruno for helping out.

Question : Why are we redirected to hidden link...... when we try to translate a product ? We don't want to rely on an external resource but simply translate directly on the site.

Please confirm

December 3, 2019 at 9:11 pm #5064503

Bruno

Hi,

Glad to hear that it now works. About ATE, this happens when you select the option to translate using ATE: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/advanced-translation-editor/

If you would like to change this, please follow the steps below:

- Click on the WPML > Settings > How to translate posts and pages
- On the "Content that was created with WPML's Classic Translation Editor", select the "Use WPML's Classic Translation Editor" option
- On the "New content", select the "Use WPML's Classic Translation Editor"
- Click on the Save button

After following these steps, the translation should be displayed within the Translation Editor.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have about it. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

classic-editor.png