This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
June 3, 2019 at 3:45 pm #3943949

Transglobal

I am trying to: Edit WPML Language Options, the browser redirect option

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: Page in the WordPress WPML Backoffice

I expected to see: All options in the page WPML Language Options

Instead, I got: The page dont load all options and shows the message"The site is experiencing technical difficulties. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions." Then is send an email to the admin withe the fpollwing log:

Error Details
=============
An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 18 of the file /home/bestguid/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/templates/language-switcher-admin-ui/layout-main.twig. Error message: Uncaught exception 'Twig_Error_Runtime' with message 'No suitable convert encoding function (use UTF-8 as your encoding or install the iconv or mbstring extension).' in /home/bestguid/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/templates/language-switcher-admin-ui/layout-main.twig:18
Stack trace:
#0 /home/bestguid/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php(1234): twig_convert_encoding('\xC3\xA3', 'UTF-16BE', 'UTF-8')
#1 [internal function]: _twig_escape_html_attr_callback(Array)
#2 /home/bestguid/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php(1095): preg_replace_callback('#[^a-zA-Z0-9,\\....', '_twig_escape_ht...', 'A ordem em que ...')
#3 /home/bestguid/public_html/wp-content/uploads/cache/wpml/twig/d6/d6d2a24ccddd47f2da0f4be75497ecb7f6bfae33a88162d66d24fbbbe4991609.php(20): twig_escape_filter(Object(Twig_Environment), 'A ordem em que ...', 'html_attr')
#4 /home/bestguid/public_ht

June 3, 2019 at 10:25 pm #3946367

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

It seems that PHP mbstring extension is not activated

Try asking your hosting provider to enable the PHP mbstring extension.
hidden link

let me know your results please

The topic ‘[Closed] Uncaught exception 'Twig_Error_Runtime' with message 'No suitable convert encodi’ is closed to new replies.