This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 1 year, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
May 31, 2018 at 7:47 am #2254652

bangsongB

I am trying to activate string translation plugin but i got errors:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'InvalidArgumentException' with message 'String id cannot be empty' in C:\UwAmp\www\wp-content\plugins\wpml-string-translation2\classes\filters\db-cache\class-wpml-st-page-translation.php on line 103
( ! ) InvalidArgumentException: String id cannot be empty in C:\UwAmp\www\wp-content\plugins\wpml-string-translation2\classes\filters\db-cache\class-wpml-st-page-translation.php on line 103

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

May 31, 2018 at 7:42 pm #2258418

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

Did you recently migrate your site ?

This error shows usually when there is some wrong entries or AUTO INCREMENT missing from DB tables.

If you check your database table structure for icl_strings and icl_strings_page are you able to verify that AUTO INCREMENT is activated ?

June 13, 2018 at 5:41 am #2410151

bangsongB

Hi Bobby,
Thanks for your supporting.

One thing, I tied to update some plugin of WPML but it's got error like this: Update Failed: Internal Server Error.
What's can I do to fix it?

June 13, 2018 at 6:43 pm #2412033

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

Which plugin version do you currently have installed ?

versions 4.0 + will require most likely a manual update as we are currently working on resolving some bugs and releasing a new version that will include fixes.

at the moment i recommend fixing the issue in this ticket first and updating to the latest version that is going to include the fixes for some known bugs once we release it.

If possible please check your database table structure for icl_strings and icl_strings_page are you able to verify that AUTO INCREMENT is activated ?

June 20, 2018 at 11:27 am #2424300

bangsongB

Hi Bobby,
I have done auto increment already.

One thing, I met is updating some plugins of WPML.
It's got error: "Update Failed: Internal Server Error."
What's can I do to fix it?

June 20, 2018 at 5:07 pm #2425271

Bobby
Supporter

This can happen sometimes when trying to update to a major update , what are your results when trying manually ?

=> https://wpml.org/account/downloads/

to do a manual update please follow these steps:

1. Backup your database – see for example: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-db-backup/

2. Deactivate the existing WPML plugin and add-ons.

3. Delete the plugin files – this does not delete your translations. You will simply delete the plugin files from you "wp-content/plugins" folder NOT the database records.

4. Download the updated plugins from our servers and upload them to the plugin directory.

5. Activate the WPML plugin and add-ons.

June 22, 2018 at 7:32 am #2428599

bangsongB

Hi Bobby,

Thanks for your replying,

Actually, I tried this way already but it's still not solve or maybe some URLs of WPML's plugin weren't allowed to access in my own server? But I have allowed one URL wpml.org already.
Do you have any ideas?

June 22, 2018 at 6:49 pm #2430162

Bobby
Supporter

The following are the IP Addresses and URLs for WPML

hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

If possible i would like to take a closer look at your wp-admin

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

June 27, 2018 at 9:43 pm #2439735

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

At the moment have you been able to update to the most recent versions of WPML and its add-on plugins manually ?

If yes , you mentioned that the uncaught exception error is still present correct ?

would it be possible to share with me a duplicator package to test locally on my environment ?

June 28, 2018 at 2:43 am #2439872

bangsongB

I'm sorry my manager doesn't allow to share everything.
He push me to get info about Wpml's plugin server's requirement.
Could you please share it to me?
Thank in advance!

June 29, 2018 at 7:03 pm #2447094

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

I am not too sure what exactly server requirements you would find appropriate but bellow you can find our minimal requirements for WPML to run

https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

PHP 5.6 or higher is highly recommend over 5.3 even though that is a minimal requirement

Now from what you have mentioned to me in this thread the following is my recommendation.

1. Provide us with the WPML debug information , at the moment i am not aware of your PHP version, WP version, WPML versions,etc.

http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

2. Your error that you are experiencing

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'InvalidArgumentException' with message 'String id cannot be empty'....

is most likely caused by a 3rd party plugin or theme that has an empty 'string_id' within the database.

this is because WPML String Translation scans your plugins/themes and picks up the strings to get them ready for translation, if one of the strings has an empty 'string_id' you receive such errors.

please go to your database table wp_icl_string_translations and verify that AUTO INCREMENT is activated, then order your table by 'string_id' order from smallest number to higher and check to see if there is any strings with an empty value.

The topic ‘[Closed] Uncaught Exception’ is closed to new replies.