This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by valerioR 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
August 6, 2019 at 9:45 pm #4350555

valerioR

I am trying to: switch between en and it on a page made with elementor (free version)

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: localhost

I expected to see: the page I have translated by using WPML's Translation Editor

Instead, I got: the following error message:

Warning: Illegal string offset 'template' in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/simabonew/wp-content/plugins/elementor/core/settings/page/manager.php on line 237

Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to Elementor\Controls_Stack::sanitize_settings() must be of the type array, string given, called in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/simabonew/wp-content/plugins/elementor/includes/base/controls-stack.php on line 1022 and defined in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/simabonew/wp-content/plugins/elementor/includes/base/controls-stack.php:1933 Stack trace: #0 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/simabonew/wp-content/plugins/elementor/includes/base/controls-stack.php(1022): Elementor\Controls_Stack->sanitize_settings('e:1:{s:10:"hide...') #1 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/simabonew/wp-content/plugins/elementor/includes/base/controls-stack.php(1775): Elementor\Controls_Stack->get_data('settings') #2 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/simabonew/wp-content/plugins/elementor/core/base/base-object.php(132): Elementor\Controls_Stack->get_init_settings() #3 /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/simabonew/wp-content/plugins/elementor/core/base/base-object.php(40) in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/simabonew/wp-content/plugins/elementor/includes/base/controls-stack.php on line 1933
Il sito sta incontrando difficoltà tecniche.

August 7, 2019 at 5:56 am #4352167

valerioR

Hi there,
I just want to add that this is the wordpress frontpage. On other pages it works well.

August 7, 2019 at 1:41 pm #4355567

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I`ll be helping you with this.

I understand that this is only happening on the front page of your site. Correct?

1. If you temporarily assign a different page as the homepage for the site - does the error still happen on the "front" page?

2. And does the page that used to be the front page, now switch langauges ok?

3. If I provide you a sandbox site preinstalled with WPML where you can upload Elementor, would you be able to recreate this problem?

Thanks

August 7, 2019 at 3:47 pm #4356571

valerioR

I create a new test page with elementor and translated in two languages. I set this new test page as frontpage and now everything works fine.
I tried to switch language on the old original page and it gives the same error. Maybe it is related to the page content itself?
There is a heading, background and a custom HTML box.
I will try to debug it.

August 8, 2019 at 9:11 am #4361373

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Yes - it sounds like it to me.

My suspicion is that the page contains an element/shortcode that might not be supported.
see more here: https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/#List-of-the-translatable-Elementor-Elements

I wait for news of your debugging.

August 9, 2019 at 8:34 am #4368695

valerioR

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!