This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Text overlay doesn't get translated in Galleries in Uncode theme

Solution: Duplicate the galleries and translate the overlay text

0% of people find this useful.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ernestC-2 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
May 21, 2018 at 6:39 am

ernestC-2

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am trying to translate the Galleries (A gallery module created by Uncode) into Chinese. However, once I've added a Chinese counterpart, it cannot be found by the media session of the Visual Composer.
I need to create and use the Chinese Counterpart as the title of the galleries is directly feed into the visual composer media gallery.

Thank you,

Ernest

May 22, 2018 at 9:07 am #2206111

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

have you tried to see if you can find them in Translation Management or in String Translation module (also check the admin page clicking on Translate texts in admin screens »)? Uncode theme is fully compatible with WPML so you should be able to translate any element.

If you can't find the strings to translate, I would ask for a Duplicator of your site (database and file) so I can test it on my local server and see if we are missing something. I'll enable the next as a private answer if you wish to do so.

Let me know if this helps you or if you need further assistance.

May 22, 2018 at 2:58 pm
May 24, 2018 at 8:21 am #2220573

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi,

it seems the package is corrupted and I couldn't install it, so I'm trying to do myself. I'll let you know as soon as possible the results.

May 24, 2018 at 11:48 am #2222281

ernestC-2

Thank you Laura, let me know if you need further login information. Ernest

May 28, 2018 at 5:32 pm #2240897

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

could you explain how the gallery page is built? I see there are some content blocks but I couldn't reproduce it on a clean install.
I need to do this so I can understand if it's a problem with your installation or if it's actually a compatibility issue.
Thanks.

May 29, 2018 at 2:14 am #2242631

ernestC-2

Hi Laura,

Thank you for your email.
Photo 1: Navigate to the Galleries Tab
Photo 2: Create an Album from there.
Photo 3: Selected Photos and add to individual gallery.
Photo 4. At a page, using Visual Composer to add an element called Media Gallery.

Kind regards,

Ernest

May 29, 2018 at 7:57 am #2243211

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

thanks for the explanation, but just doing so I can't see the name of the gallery on the photo like you have on your site. Where do you add it? I need to understand this because that is the string you can't translate.

May 29, 2018 at 11:12 am #2245069

ernestC-2

Hi Laura,

The way to display the gallery name is:
Photo 1. Add ONLY the created galleries (not images) into the Media Gallery
Photo 2. At the Blocks tab, select Overlay Text Visibility.

Kind regards,

Ernest

May 29, 2018 at 1:36 pm #2246126

Laura
Supporter

Hi Ernest,

I did that but the overlay text didn't show. I checked my gallery with one of yours and the configuration seems to be the same.
I also checked the featured image and the single images to see if the title was there, but it still didn't show up.

May 30, 2018 at 8:50 am #2249586

ernestC-2

Thank you Laura, I just created a duplicated versions of Eng galleries in other languages and it works fine now.