This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
May 30, 2019 at 6:54 pm

marianaP-3

Many text fields are not showing up for translation in Advanced Translation Editor. We are using Uncode theme with WPBakery visual composer, and only some titles are being listed. See attached image.

It's also adding a lot of image names which we don't need to translate, like all the clients logos.

This theme was supposed to work well with WPML.

hidden link

Thanks!

May 31, 2019 at 2:17 am #3927339

marianaP-3

We deactivated your plugins and are testing Translatepress.

May 31, 2019 at 6:17 am #3927959

marianaP-3

But we still would like to know how to fix this problem, or if we were doing something wrong. We can duplicate the site, if needed.

Thanks.

btw, Trasnslatepress worked flawless.

May 31, 2019 at 7:51 am #3928309

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Mariana,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

I just checked your website and I could see that the WPML plugin is deactivated. In this case, could you activate back the plugin or maybe create a duplicator package so I can check things out on my laptop and see what's going on, please? Also, can you point out what type of WPBakery blocks are not shown for translation, please? I'm thinking that maybe this is related to one of the blocks.
Last but not least, can you tell me if the elements that you cannot see for translation, are they added recently to the page?
I'm sure we'l be able to sort this out if the theme that you're using is already declared as being compatible with our plugin.

Thanks,
Radu

June 5, 2019 at 8:43 pm #3964097

marianaP-3

Hi Radu, thanks for your assistance.

We created a Duplicator package for you. Can you login and download it?

We uninstalled the WPML plugins, because we noticed that all our images in the Media library were duplicated, and we thought that maybe by deleting the plugins this would get fixed. It didn't. We need your assistance in order to fix this too please, as now we fear that if we do it manually we might delete the actual images that we're using on pages.

So you'll need to reinstall the plugins on your local installation, we had all 4 main ones installed. We appreciate you checking into this, as we would like to clear this up and know what exactly is going on, so that we can now if WPML can still be an option for us or not.

As you can see on the image attached to the ticket, all the Text Blocks were not being picked up for translation, only Headings, and a lot of image names which we don't need.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

June 11, 2019 at 9:35 am #3993625

Radu
Supporter

Hey Mariana,

I finally checked this issue you described. It took a bit longer because the duplicator package didn't work and I had to manually install it (but this didn't work from the first try either). However, now I managed to create a copy of your website and looked at the page translation.

Now, can you try to follow these steps and tell me how things work this time, please?

• go to Dashboard → WPML → Settings;
  • select the Usar el editor de traducción clásico de WPML option in the Cómo traducir entradas y páginas section;
  • save the changes;
  • create a new page;
  • publish it;
  • create the translation.

All the elements should be available now for translation. I just did this on my side and everything worked fine. You can try to do this on a staging website (maybe on your local computer) and see how things work.

Thanks,
Radu

June 19, 2019 at 3:37 am #4047693

marianaP-3

Hi Radu, thanks for checking into this. We enabled the classic editor, but unfortunately we're still getting the same problem. I only tried with existing pages though, as creating new pages isn't an option for us now. Here's the staging site in case you want to give it another look: hidden link

But more importantly, can you help us with the duplicated images issue on the main site? We believe wpml caused this and we would like to fix it.

Thanks!

June 20, 2019 at 1:36 pm #4060245

Radu
Supporter

Hey Mariana,

Can you check the settings in Dashboard → WPML → Settings → Media Translation, please? I think that you see the images being duplicated because the options in this area are set to duplicate. If you deactivate them, the images will no longer be duplicated.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] Uncode theme: Advanced Translation Editor not picking up all text fields’ is closed to new replies.