Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:uncode theme posts page mismatching

Solution: Duplicating the Uncode template to secondary language is fixed the issue

Relevant Documentation:

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by spidercat 3 years ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
December 26, 2016 at 2:12 am #1168107

spidercat

Hello,

I installed uncode theme on a duplicate version of my website where I'm experimenting some restyling.

There's a posts page layout mismatch between the two languages:
hidden link
hidden link

As you can see the layout is completely different.

Contacting the Uncode support they replied:
"the problem is that Uncode doesn't control the source of the data to display. It's the WPML plugin which is controlling the data that is coming out from WordPress at that stage, the theme works in a higher level of the WP architecture.

You need to contact WPML support to help you with that. Uncode is also certified by them so they are also familiar with the theme."

So I'm here trying to understand what's going on and see if you can solve the problem.

Thanks for your support.

December 26, 2016 at 2:35 pm #1168398

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi ,

Thank you for contacting the WPML support. We are happy to help you.

Please let me know the exact steps you are followed while translating the *Home* page to secondary language(English). Does it happen after any upgrade or modifications?

Since WPML 3.6 we are offering more features for translating pages with Page Builders. Please check the following tutorial for more details.

https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/visual-composer/

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/page-builders/

https://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-integration-with-page-builders-that-use-shortcodes/

Please create a simple page with few Visual Composer elements(after a backup) and check you can translate it successfully to the secondary language.

--
With Regards

Bigul

December 26, 2016 at 9:04 pm #1168572

spidercat

Hi Bigul,

I don't need to learn how to translate a post or a page. That's NOT the problem.

I have problems with the layout. The layout on the italian version is ok the layout on the english version doesn't match the first one, and at the uncode support they say this is a problem from wpml.

I attach a couple of screenshots so you can see what's the problem.

December 27, 2016 at 5:33 am #1168675

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for the updates. Please confirm you are using *wpml-config.xml* file in the root folder of *Uncode Visual Composer* plugin. WPML Translation management will fetch the translation settings from *wpml-config.xml* file.

Please check the following sample configuration file for Visual Composer.

hidden link

If not, please create a wpml-config.xml file. After that copies the code from the above link to configuration(XML) file. Then place it in the root folder of *Uncode Visual Composer* plugin. Hope it will help you translate the Visual Composer elements better than before. Please try it after a backup and let me know your feedback.

--
With Regards

Bigul

December 28, 2016 at 11:59 pm #1170432

spidercat

Hi Bigul,

I found a solution and it was a lot easier than that.
I just needed to create a duplicate in the second language of the template used for the posts page.

Kind Regards