Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jarrodT 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
February 11, 2021 at 1:06 am #8056645

jarrodT

Hello, I have a site using the Uncode theme with Woocommerce. I have been contacting uncode support for an issue regarding the visual composer post module not querying products correctly when set to dynamic query. After disabling WPML the problem goes away so they advised me to reach out to WPML support.

I have a post module that is set to dynamically query products, that post module resides in a content block that is being used in Uncode Options > Archive Page > Content. I also have a custom taxonomy attached to woocommerce called "Manufacturers". When clicking a link that takes me to for example /manufacturer/agilent, the post module should dynamically query all products in the Manufacturer taxonomy Agilent. Instead it queries my entire shop.

February 11, 2021 at 8:41 am #8058805

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello!

Welcome to WPML Support.

I'll do my best to help you solve this issue.

This looks to me like a compatibility issue with the Uncode theme and WPML, in order to confirm this so I can escalate it to our developers, can you please try to replicate the issue on the next clean website, with some dummy example.

- Install Uncode theme
- Add a few dummy products and categories
- Create same Archive template with post module that is set to dynamically query products and check if the issue happens
- Share with me steps on how can I check the issue

Link: hidden link

Please let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Drazen

February 11, 2021 at 8:31 pm #8065335

jarrodT

Hello Drazen, I installed the Uncode theme and dummy products as well as other required plugins for functionality. The issue does not occur on the sandbox site. I went as far as matching WPML settings exactly to my site as well as permalink and custom taxonomy settings. The post module queries as it is supposed to. Would it be beneficial to duplicate my entire site over to the sandbox to troubleshoot further?

February 12, 2021 at 6:55 am #8067731

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

thanks for getting back and testing the issue.

Then it seems the problem lies in your website/environment and I will need to check further. The good thing is it works on the sandbox website, which means this is not a compatibility issue and it should work fine on your site too.

In order to investigate this issue and to understand it better, I would need to access your website.

Please make a full backup of your site (files and database) and confirm it in your next reply. I might need to enable/disable plugins, switch themes and access your website database.

I would need to access both your site's wp-admin and FTP account. Be sure to provide both.

I have enabled the private username and password fields in your next reply.

You can safely add your information into these fields.

Kind regards,
Drazen

February 15, 2021 at 9:03 am #8084431

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

thanks for getting back.

I am afraid provided website is not working, there seems to be a WordPress database error: "Can’t select database".

Please check and let me know.

Kind regards,
Drazen

February 15, 2021 at 9:37 pm #8091129

jarrodT

Hey Drazen, I appear to have fixed my issue. Check hidden link for reference.

I've been guess and checking with WPML settings, maybe you can confirm which setting made the difference and why for future reference? The latest major changes I made were 1. Disabling pagination in the post module thereby disabling ajax pagination, and letting the wordpress pagination take over. 2. Changing the hierarchical setting for the custom taxonomy to false. 3. Changing the taxonomy settings in WPML to "Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language".

Thank you.

February 16, 2021 at 7:54 am #8093705

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

thanks for getting back.

I am glad to hear, your issue is solved.

I am afraid, it is difficult for me to guess which option could have caused the issue and why.

I suggest you try enabling back options on our sandbox site or testing these options on your staging site to try to reproduce the issue and see what causes it.

Please let me know how it goes and if you still need my help.

Kind regards,
Drazen

February 22, 2021 at 6:09 pm #8147865

jarrodT

Issue is now resolved, could have been a number of things but the main changes that took place before it was fixed were: PHP updated to 7.0 from 5.6. Custom taxonomy setting changed to non-hierarchal. WPML > Settings > Taxonomies Translation > Taxonomy Setting - "Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language".