This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Uncode + Wpml portfolio Posts, (module Isotope ) - rendered twice on homepages

Solution: - Went to WPML->Settings->Multilingual content setup - Went to Custom Fields Translation' - Clicked show system fields - Searched for _uncode_header_type & _uncode_blocks_list as copy - Then I went to Content Block and edited the Header | Homepage | Portfolio Agency content block - Duplicated the block in all languages

The page was using this block as a header and it's wasn't copied to secondary languages which were creating the issue.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by ondrejP-7 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
July 19, 2019 at 1:51 pm #4246805

ondrejP-7

I am trying to:Show Posts - portfolio items on EN and GER languages on homepages
. Using WP 5.2.2. , Uncode 2.1.0.,
Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see: Only one set on portfolio items.
The portfolio items begin after "some white space " under top of page. There are rendered only once, and they have "control tags" (Show all, Realisations, Study) right above them.
hidden link

Instead, I got: The portfolio items are rendered twice. The first bunch od items doesn not have any control "tags" (show all, realisations, study).

hidden link
hidden link

July 20, 2019 at 12:16 pm #4249855

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

How did you create the Homepage? Did you follow our documentation about Uncode? https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/build-multilingual-wordpress-websites-using-uncode-theme-and-wpml/

If so, if you duplicate the homepage before translating it, you still have the issue?

July 28, 2019 at 5:21 pm #4295723

ondrejP-7

Hi Laura,

thank you.
I have read the instructions again, and yes, it seems, we have done it following the documentation.

There are now two "cases" I can reach with the WPML translation on homepages....

The portfolio twice rendered.... or no portfolio rendere 🙁
Have no idea, what to change....
Thank you for any advice.

Big thanks
O

July 29, 2019 at 1:24 pm #4300167

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I'm not sure if you tried to follow my suggestion about duplicating the page. Did you try it? What does it happen?

If even duplicating the page you have the issue, can you provide your site's credentials? I'll enable a private reply.

August 9, 2019 at 11:46 am #4369889

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Laura is not available today, so I am taking care of this issue. I hope that's ok. 🙂

I have fixed the issue on your end and to solve the issue I followed the following steps:
- Went to WPML->Settings->Multilingual content setup
- Went to Custom Fields Translation'
- Clicked show system fields
- Searched for _uncode_header_type & _uncode_blocks_list as copy
- Then I went to Content Block and edited the Header | Homepage | Portfolio Agency content block
- Duplicated the block in all languages

The page was using this block as a header and it's wasn't copied to secondary languages which were creating the issue.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

August 9, 2019 at 1:30 pm #4370813

ondrejP-7

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!
BIG THANKS

O.