Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 2 years ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
January 17, 2018 at 8:01 pm

dwsiD

Hello, I use WPML for a few years now. Usually I have no greater problems with WPML. Mixing WPML and Loco translate i can reach virtually every string, as long as the theme and plugin authors create translatable software.

So, for this project I have everything translated but, don't know why, some strings aren't translated, or just appear translated on the frontend when I'm logged in on WP.

So I attached a screenshot to show exactly what I say.

Attachment: no-cache-translates-only-with-login.jpg
You can see on the left side that both chrome tabs have cache disabled.
You can see on the right that the string "Proceed booking" appears unstranslated on the right tab (not logged in) and appears translated as "Proceder à reserva" on the left tab (logged in).

But you can see that all the other strings appear as translated.

If I proceed with the booking, the next screen appears correctly translated but, on the next form step, I get exactly the same problem.

I had this problem in the past with other themes and well known plugins as WooCommerce.

Also, I tried all localization options (wpml only, wpml + mo, don't use string translations) plus the other options and plus cache clear. Also, I tried to deleted the string so it gets rescanned but with no success.

How can I fix this? Thank you.

January 19, 2018 at 9:42 pm #1490418

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-05:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I think I was able to resolve this.

I went to WPML -> Languages and scrolled down to the Language Filtering for Ajax section. I checked the box to enable "Store a language cookie to support language filtering for AJAX".

Now, when I load the site in a clear browser (using Google Chrome Incognito), I see the correctly translated form buttons without being logged in.

Please clear your browser cache and test this on your end and let me know if it is resolved. Thanks!

The topic ‘[Closed] Unconsistent translations’ is closed to new replies.