This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
September 25, 2018 at 7:33 am #2762810

fabianF-9

Hey there, i have activated the multilingual tool plugin and "added language information to post duplicate". Now there is a text inside the textfield showing the language "[German]". May this is correct, but how can i undo this, set everything to standart?

Many thanks in advance!

September 26, 2018 at 3:27 am #2765903

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

The "Multilingual Tool" plugin is only used to test the content of your site and check if the plugin/theme is compatible.

To undo this, you can, within the "Multilingual Tools", just remove "[%language_name%]" and re-run the string. I'll attach an image for you to see. That should fix the problem. Otherwise, I think you will need to edit these strings manually.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

September 26, 2018 at 7:25 am #2766134

fabianF-9

Hey Bruno, i did it exactly likle you said, removed "[%language_name%]" and rerun it. Still not solved. Any other idea, how could i edit these strings manually? Thanks!

September 26, 2018 at 1:20 pm #2767440

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Hi there, Bruno is off for a few days, so I'm stepping in to help out. As Bruno mentioned, if re-running the tool does not resolve it, you will likely need to manually edit the strings. For example, in your screenshot it looks like a product title has the language code. You can edit the product and remove the language code tag.

Also, hopefully you made a backup before running the multilingual tools. You can always restore your back from before the multilingual tools changes.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.