This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 7.25 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 4 days, 14 hours ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
November 7, 2019 at 6:19 pm

David Guillemette

Hi,

I am using the BuddyBoss platform / theme (which is based on BuddyPress) and WPML on our website. So far, WPML works flawlessly with that plugin / theme. One of the only problems I have is the follow-up.

In the user account, the expected behavior when clicking on the "Forums" button should be to stay in the profile environment, but to display the forums associated with the user (see image 1). The URL should be something like "website.com/members/username/forums".

The current behaviour is rather to redirect the user to the URL "website.com/forums", which gives them access to all the forums on the site. When I disable WPML, the problem is no longer present.

All other buttons work correctly.

Do you have an idea what can create that issue?

Thank you!

November 7, 2019 at 9:25 pm #4910133

David Guillemette

While searching, I came across this solution which largely answered my problems
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/forums-links-in-buddypress-menu-have-wrong-redirection-when-wpml-is-active/

Now, the Forum page in the user profile would appear the way it should, but strangely enough, my menus have disappeared...

November 9, 2019 at 12:50 pm #4918131

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Please see this:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-conflict-with-buddyboss-forum-pages/

This client reached out yesterday and is having the exact problem as you. They also applied the code from that other thread and in their case menu disappeared while on the main forum page as well. I already escalated this case to our compatibility team and am waiting for a solution.

Once I hear back from them, I will update both you and the other client who reported this.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

November 9, 2019 at 7:42 pm #4919069

David Guillemette

Thank you Bruno and everybody of the WPML team for the assistance!

November 11, 2019 at 6:23 am #4922053

Bruno Kos
Supporter

(changing Ticket status for internal purposes - please ignore)

November 11, 2019 at 2:02 pm #4925507

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I'm afraid that we will not be able to provide a solution for this. Our compatibility team has checked this, but they don't have any workarounds or suggestions, because we already had to fix something and that fix seems to be breaking some other things...

The problem is that the BuddyBoss author is not responsive and we weren't able to cooperate with them yet, and without their assistance we are unable to fix this and any possible issue that may arise over time.

Therefore, the only thing that I can suggest at this point is that you reach out BuddyBoss authors and invite them to our Go-Global program so that we can cooperate with them and fix any compatibility issues that may arise over time, starting with this one.
https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/

Regards,
Bruno Kos

November 11, 2019 at 2:30 pm #4925697

David Guillemette

Thanks for the follow-up. I will certainly make all the requests to them on this subject. They cannot claim to have a platform ready for translation if they do not fix these kinds of flaws.

Thanks,
David

November 12, 2019 at 8:52 am #4929721

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you very much for understanding! I wish I could bring some better news, but it does not make sense to do the whole job for them. If they were cooperative in communication with our compatibility team, it would be different, but currently we cannot handle all these requests since the theme is quite complex, that's the biggest issue here.

Since there is nothing else we can do here, I am marking this thread as resolved.

Regards,
Bruno Kos