This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
September 17, 2019 at 12:05 pm

jacobN-2

The translated pages do not show the header section.
All content blocks, except for the header, are displayed properly. Also the header block is translated.

The issue appears for example on the "about us" page: hidden link.
Please note that you can find the language switcher in the footer. The menu entry in the top menu links to an old homepage (it has nothing to do with wpml).

September 18, 2019 at 11:24 am #4595553

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

1.- The cause of the issue was the configuration of the custom fields related to the header in the pages. I fixed the issue already in the About Us page. If you see the issue continues in other pages, please update the translations.

You can find more information about the configuration and translation of custom fields using WPML in this link: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-custom-fields/

2.- Please increase the PHP Memory Limit. Minimum requirements are 128Mb: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
You can add this to wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M' );

- Add it above the line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Kind regards,
Carlos

September 18, 2019 at 5:35 pm #4599349

jacobN-2

Hi Carlos,

thank you for your response.

While I still don't quite fully understand the issue, it now works also on the other pages, thank you very much!

Now I am still missing the menu - let's take the About Us page again. I have translated the menu associated with the About Us Page (about_us menu), made a small change to the page and re-published the translation, but the menu doesn't show.

How can I fix that?

Thanks!

September 19, 2019 at 10:02 am #4603349

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

I followed the same steps with the custom fields related to the menu and the menu is shown correctly in both languages.

Could you confirm that the issue is solved?
Regards,
Carlos

September 20, 2019 at 9:12 am #4610857

jacobN-2

Hi Carlos,

thank you, it does now work.
Could you tell me, how to edit these custom fields, i.e. what were the exact steps you took to make the menu translatable?
I hope that using this, I can fix further missing translations by myself.

Thank you!

September 20, 2019 at 10:27 am #4611445

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

I'm glad to hear that the issue is solved 🙂

I basically followed the steps described in our official documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-custom-fields/ and while editing the pages I looked for the names of the custom fields and set them to 'translate'.

Regards,
Carlos