This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The client would like to uninstall WPML, then reinstall it. He dies not want any language information set up on the reinstall. Further, he wants that all the translated images are deleted.

Solution: You can reset WPML but it will not delete translated media, translated posts and translated taxonomies.

Before proceeding please make a backup of your site and database.

Please go to Media and delete the duplicated media manually by changing the admin language in the top bar. Change the view to list and mark the checkbox for all items. Then select delete permanently from the dropdown.

Now go to posts. Here you will have to delete the foreign language posts manually. Do the same for the taxonomies (categories and tags).

For a fresh install of WPML please go to WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting and choose the reset WPML option at the bottom of the page.

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/faq/how-wpml-reset-works/

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by peterV-81 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
May 20, 2019 at 7:39 pm #3849945

peterV-81

Tell us what you are trying to do?
would like to uninstall , then reinstall. I don't want any lang i set up on the reinstall. would like to clean image section because upon setting the lang, it duplicated unnecessary images i no longer use. since i set up 3 additional lang, it multiplied it x3. Would like to start fresh.

Is there any documentation that you are following? yes, on your site. I did not see documentation for replacing video links (code from vimeo for another lang) We offer the same video in multiple lang.

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site? it is private

May 20, 2019 at 9:57 pm #3850293

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

You can reset WPML but it will not delete translated media, translated posts and translated taxonomies.

Before proceeding please make a backup of your site and database.

Please go to Media and delete the duplicated media manually by changing the admin language in the top bar. Change the view to list and mark the checkbox for all items. Then select delete permanently from the dropdown.

Now go to posts. Here you will have to delete the foreign language posts manually. Do the same for the taxonomies (categories and tags).

For a fresh install of WPML please go to WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting and choose the reset WPML option at the bottom of the page.

https://wpml.org/faq/how-wpml-reset-works/

For the video-url please provide me more details. Are you using a page builder? Are zou translating with the WPML Translation Editor? Did you try to translate the URL with String Translation?

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Kind regards
Andreas

May 20, 2019 at 9:59 pm #3850299

peterV-81

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!