This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
May 29, 2020 at 11:02 pm #6253237

kathrynR

WPML is not behaving correctly, and certain fields (created with ACF) are not showing up to be translated. Furthermore, when I translate some posts, the "processing translation" never goes away.

I would like to completely remove WPML from my site. Even when I import an older database, the WPML data is still there.

All the support posts I've seen refer to WMPL >> Support >> Troubleshooting, which does not seem to exist any longer.

Please let me know how I can completely wipe all WPML data out of my site.

May 30, 2020 at 3:43 pm #6256423

Amit
Supporter

Hi there,

I am sorry for that. If you still want to give ACF & WPML a try please help us with some more information - a new ACF Multilingual version with some important improvements is scheduled to be released later this week.

If you still want to remove WPML completely, please Go to WPML >> Support >> Troubleshooting >> There, click on “Reset and deactivate WPML” - this action will remove WPML tables (tables with the 'icl_' prefix) from the database.

May 31, 2020 at 11:06 pm #6262089

kathrynR

Hi, thanks for that.

I started over, and am following the instructions here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/translate-sites-built-with-acf/

I tried to set up the translation settings for the fields using the WPML >> Settings >> Custom Fields Translation table. I also needed to set the post type itself as "translatable."

But, in addition to being prompted to translate fields that I don't need translated, I'm also having trouble generating two versions of fields that contain media.

As context, I am working on a CMS that does not not have a front-end. Instead, it acts as a CMS for a separate front-end application running a museum installation. The wordpress site provides the separate application its data via the ACF to REST API plugin. Therefore, all I need is for certain fields (such as descriptions, or titles of images) to have two fields for data: one in english, and one in spanish. In addition, certain files also need to be uploaded in each language: for example, closed-captioning files for videos. For the end result, I want two endpoints for the front-end application to be able to hit: one for english, and one for spanish. If there are fields that don't need translation (which is actually most of them), then the two endpoints would show the same data.

What's the best way to achieve this?

Thank you!

June 1, 2020 at 12:09 pm #6265251

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi there,
My name is Carlos and I will be taking this ticket from now long.

The steps to follow in order to achieve this result should be basically setting the right translation settings for the ACF in WPML -> Settings -> Custom fields. You can also set the translation settings when creating the custom fields or when editing a post/page that contains them (they appear under Multilingual Content Setup section)

In order to translate the meta information of media elements, you will need to install Media Translation plugin and follow the documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/media-translation/

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,
Carlos