This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
September 27, 2018 at 9:32 am #2769967

Joeri

I am getting this error message (after I updated to the latest version):

Unknown column 'translation_priority' in 'field list',

and it says that I should contact support to solve this.

Best regards.

September 28, 2018 at 8:59 am #2772981

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

It may be happening because somehow the translation_priority field is missing from _icl_strings table.

Please try the following steps after a site backup and make sure the issue is existing or not.

a) Login to MySQL via PHPMyAdmin or similar tool
b) Choose your database
c) Run the following query. Please note your table prefix may be different(wp_icl_strings)

ALTER TABLE wp_icl_strings ADD COLUMN translation_priority varchar(160) NOT NULL;

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 28, 2018 at 11:17 am #2773425
Joeri

Hello Bigul,

Thank you for your reply. I will update the database table. I don't know if it has anything to do with this issue but I have added some php strings to my theme and now I want to translate these strings. If I scan the theme it says there are 81 strings but I don't see any strings in string-translation.

Hopefully I can ask you this here also.

Best regards.

New threads created by Bigul and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-strings-not-found-issue/

September 28, 2018 at 4:21 pm #2774411

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I have opened a new ticket for the String not found issue. Because as per our support policies, we can only handle one issue per ticket. It will help us to serve you better and we can avoid discussing multiple problems in one ticket.

I will get back to you soon on the new ticket. Please wait. Thank you for the understanding.

--
Thanks!

Bigul