This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, please make sure you are using the latest WPML 4.3.16 before reporting an issue, thanks!

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
May 25, 2020 at 1:48 am #6206037

pavelL-2

Hello,

Recently I have started to receive notifications that state: "You are using an unregistered version of WPML and are not receiving compatibility and security updates."

I have added our website to our WPML dashboard again and created a new site key.

After registration, I still keep receiving those notifications.

Thank you.

May 25, 2020 at 2:59 pm #6211925

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

First of all, thank you very much for your patience and sorry to have you waiting - there is a very full ticket queue at the moment and it takes us a bit more than usual to answer tickets.

Now, regarding your request, that definitely sounds pretty weird and unexpected.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of the site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.

The private box looks like this: hidden link

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

May 26, 2020 at 10:53 am #6218261

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for the credentials.

I can confirm that they work.

I am spending more time on this and I will get back to you as soon as I have more feedback.

I will leave the ticket assigned to myself for the moment.

Kind regards,
Mihai

May 26, 2020 at 3:37 pm #6221565

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there again.

From what I can see, there's a key already generated by you for this website but it's not added in the backend at the moment (attaching screenshot).

Can you please register the website?

If that doesn't work, please let me know if you see any errors.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai

May 27, 2020 at 12:48 am #6223981

pavelL-2

Hi,

I have added the key in the backend of our website and now the notification has disappeared. But the thing is that after some time I still keep receiving those notifications even after registration.

Thank you.

May 27, 2020 at 9:58 am #6227989

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and welcome back.

Thank you for your input.

This might be related to cache and/or cronjobs.

Can you please let me know what hosting are you using and what type of hosting plan/server specifications do you have?

Mihai

June 1, 2020 at 12:45 am #6262213

pavelL-2

Hi,

We are using Kinsta hosting. The cache is enabled on the platform, but they told me that they can exclude cookies or URLs from the cache. They checked the logs and they don't see any errors coming from the WMPL plugin. All requests from this plugin are also showing 200 status.

I have also deactivated WP cache plugin how they advised, but that didn't help.

Thank you.

June 1, 2020 at 8:45 am #6264077

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for your response.

Let's see when this will happen again and please watch if there will be any errors or signs that could show why this happens.

If the issue will happen again, please get back to us pointing to this current ticket.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Mihai

June 2, 2020 at 1:28 am #6268909

pavelL-2

Hi,

I have checked the plugins section and the notification appeared again. The website works well and I didn't receive any errors. I will definitely let you know if I catch any errors.

Thank you.

June 4, 2020 at 7:59 am #6290779

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there.

Some more requests came from our customers so our team is now investigating this matter.

I'm setting the status of this ticket to "Escalated to 2nd tier" for the moment and I will get back to you when we have more feedback on this matter.

However, the investigation might take some time so I don't think I will be able to come up with a response in a couple days. It might be a couple weeks depending on how much our team will have to troubleshoot.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Mihai