Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Osama Mersal 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
March 26, 2021 at 6:12 pm #8410161

angeloF-3

Hi, after updating plugin and thema I noticed that the "post grid" elements of the visual editor WPBakery in the English pages, keep the text of the Italian language, but this only happens in Safari while in Chrome the same page loads the content in English. Do you have any suggestions about it?

At all Applications page like: hidden link

Thanks

WPBakery-safari.jpg
WPBakery-chrome.jpg
March 28, 2021 at 8:13 am #8416255

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thanks for contacting WPML forums support. I’ll be glad to help you today.

1) I've checked the site using Chrome, and the Grid strings are in Italian. Could you please make a minor update to the original page and retranslate it to check if it will work correctly or not?

2) If it didn't work correctly, I would need to take a closer look at your site. So I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP)
– preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible –
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

Your next answer will be private, which means only you and I have access to it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme and to change configurations on the site if needed. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

Thanks for your cooperation

Regards,
Osama

March 29, 2021 at 12:19 pm #8422293

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for the access details. I would need your permission to take a copy of your site to debug it locally without worrying about your live site.

Regards,
Osama

March 29, 2021 at 1:10 pm #8422823

angeloF-3

Hi,
you are allowed to make a copy of the site to make all possible verification tests.
thanks

March 29, 2021 at 3:39 pm #8424107

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for the permission. I've checked the local copy and run some tests and found that the WP Bakery grid doesn't show any updates. I've added a new post and translated it, but it doesn't appear on the front end if you are not logged in as Admin. (Kindly check the attached screenshot)

Also, please check this video. You will see that the changes appear on the front end for a moment. After that, it disappears. (hidden link)

Could you please try to rollback to version 2.4 of your theme (hidden link) and check if it will work correctly?

❌ Please backup your database and website before doing this ❌

Kindly open a ticket on the theme support and let them check this issue at their end too.

Regards,
Osama

1.jpg
March 29, 2021 at 4:11 pm #8424267

angeloF-3

Hi,
I tried downgrade to the 2.4 version of the Thema, but the problem remains.
Now I see if I can solve it with a ticket at the Tema support.
Meanwhile, I thank you for your help, I'll let you know

March 29, 2021 at 4:14 pm #8424271

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Kindly let me know what they will tell you regarding this issue.

Thanks,
Osama

April 1, 2021 at 9:23 am #8447049

angeloF-3

Hi,
The Thema development support team says that the problem is not entered "Excerpts" in English posts.
I explained that the site worked correctly since 2018 and after recent updates the problem occurred. I'm still waiting for an answer, we hope!
Thank you for your interest
Angel

April 1, 2021 at 9:27 am #8447087

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi Angel,

Thanks for the updates. I hope they can find a solution to this issue soon.

I appreciate you letting me know the updates.

Thanks,
Osama

April 2, 2021 at 9:35 am #8454287

angeloF-3

Hi Osama,
Since I can't solve the problem even with the thema support, I made a series of checks and saw this error in the site console:
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (script.min.js.map, line 0) - hidden link

Could you tell me how to solve it? Or look at all if you can fix it?
Thanks so much

April 2, 2021 at 10:09 am #8454355

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi Angel,

Thanks for the update. I have 2 tests I would need you to run, please.

1) Kindly edit this page in the original language. (hidden link)

Then edit the post grid and in the item design tab, choose default grid and save the page. After that, kindly update the translation with the translation editor. Finally, clear the cache and check if it works correctly on the front end.

2) I've tried on my local installation using WP Bakery (6.0.2) instead of (6.6.0), and that makes the page work correctly. Could you please try to use an older version of WP Bakery?

Kindly let me know if any of those tests solve the issue.

Thanks,
Osama

April 2, 2021 at 12:57 pm #8455063

angeloF-3

Hi Osama,
I did the test you asked me: I duplicated the page for security- hidden link - and redone translations whit default grid, but as a first charge the contents in English the First instant and then replaces them with Italian!

To make the second test I am trying to finish the wpbakery version (6.0.2) on the net but I can't find it - we didn't buy the plugin directly but together with the thema, so I am looking for a free download from Qulche part.
I'll let you know as soon as you entered.
Thank you very much for your interest

April 2, 2021 at 1:04 pm #8455073

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi Angel,

1) Thanks for trying the first test. But as you can see, the page is translated correctly and appear on the frontend then disappears. I think the issue here with WP Bakery or the Theme.

2) Please let me know how it goes in the second test after installing an old WP Bakery version.
If this didn't solve the issue, please log in to this Sandbox site and install your theme and its needed plugins, then try to replicate the issue. (hidden link)

Regards,
Osama

April 2, 2021 at 3:08 pm #8455519

angeloF-3

Hi Osama,
I can see!
I tried to install them and plugins in the Assigned Sandbox Site, but always installs WPBakery Version 6.6.0
I'm looking for a solution to get the version (6.0.2)
Regards

April 2, 2021 at 3:14 pm #8455527

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Hi,

Please configure WPML on the sandbox site and create a test page like the pages with the issue on your site with Wp Bakery 6.6.0 and check if it will work correctly. If it didn't, I would upload an older version of WP Bakery to test.

Thanks,
Osama

The topic ‘[Closed] Untranslated content in WPBakery elements’ is closed to new replies.