This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jamesC-38 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
September 4, 2019 at 10:35 am #4510173

jamesC-38

I am trying to: see a translated version of my woocommerce page

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link

I expected to see:translated footer

Instead, I got:english footer.

It works for non woocommerce page, eg:
hidden link
hidden link

It doesn't work for woocommerce page, eg:
hidden link

September 4, 2019 at 2:45 pm #4512149

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello there,

I will help you with the issue.

Footer contents mostly are widgets or menus.

Translating Footer menu
If you are using any specific menu on the footer make sure the menu linked to the footer is translated properly, It is similar to primary menu translation as you did for the top menu. If case if you need assitance please refer https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-menus/

Translating Footer Widgets

If you are using widgets to display the footer content, You can either choose to translate the widgets using String translation if the widgets are native WordPress or WPML compatible
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-widgets/

If the widgets did not appear for the string translation, You can still show different widgets on each language, By selecting the appropriate language from "display language" section in each widget
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-widgets/displaying-different-widgets-for-different-languages/

I hope this helps you better, Let me know if you need further assistance

Kind regards
Raja

September 9, 2019 at 2:53 am #4533065

jamesC-38

Hi Raja,

Thanks for the instructions. The footer doesn't come from widget, I've tried string translation and it doesn't detect the words. Can you help with :

If you are using any specific menu on the footer make sure the menu linked to the footer is translated properly, It is similar to primary menu translation as you did for the top menu.

The menu itself is translated as you can see. I'm not sure what else do I need to do. It just didn't work for woocommerce page, other simple page works. Thanks in advance.

September 9, 2019 at 11:21 am #4536545

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your test site to take a better look at the issue. Could you please indicate me how to replicate this behaviour?

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Kind regards
Raja

September 13, 2019 at 8:58 am #4566741

jamesC-38

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!