This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 36 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
March 15, 2019 at 6:02 pm

z.hdn.-paulL

I am trying to:
place products that are untranslated in the cart when the secondary language (English) is selected

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
I can set the page online upon request - the English version is currently deactivated

I expected to see: the product in the cart

Instead, I got: no product in the cart and the menu language switching to the primary language

I tried to delete the product line in the wpml-config.xml as described in various chats and set product to untranslatable in the WPML Settings menu. Then the language menu widget is deactivated on the site and I cannot select a language any more.

March 16, 2019 at 9:29 am #3359465

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

English is the secondary language of the site and the Products are not translated to into English yet. You want to add the Products to cart from English, am I right?

Please try the following steps(after a backup) and check you are getting the expected result or not.

1) Visit WPML>>Settings
2) Scroll down to *Post Types Translation*
3) Choose *Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language* option for the Products

Please check the following documentation & attached image for more details and let me know your feedback.

https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

March 16, 2019 at 12:12 pm #3360193

z.hdn.-paulL

Hi Bigul,

thx for getting back so quickly even on a weekend!
I had tried this setting before. No change. the Buy Btn does not add the product to the cart and changes the language to the default.
I could provide a DupPro backup of the site via Wetransfer or another route if this is helpful.

Thank you very much,

Paul

March 16, 2019 at 5:37 pm #3361161

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the updates. I am enabling the private option for the next reply. Please share the Duplicator copy(the archive and installer files). You can share it via Wetransfer or Google Drive.

Also please share me the exact steps to replicate the issue on your site for a better understanding.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

March 17, 2019 at 7:31 am
March 18, 2019 at 9:32 am #3367409

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the duplicator package. I have downloaded it and configuring it on my local server now. Will debug it further and get back to you soon. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

March 18, 2019 at 9:37 am #3367435

z.hdn.-paulL

Hi Bigul, thank you very much!

March 18, 2019 at 5:21 pm #3371811

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Paul,

I have tried to install the Duplicator package on my local server. But it stuck while installing the Database and showing few JavaScript errors. Are you using the latest version of Duplicator package? Please check the attached image for more details.

Please check you can install it on your local server or not.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

March 18, 2019 at 6:57 pm
March 19, 2019 at 3:20 pm #3380565

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the updates and the new Duplicator package. I can install the Duplicator package. But it shows few Database errors while visiting Products>>All Products. Please check the attached image. Are you having the same in on your local copy?

Maybe because of that I am not able to reproduce the issue exactly. So can you please share a screencast(video) for a better understanding.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

March 19, 2019 at 4:10 pm #3381055

z.hdn.-paulL

Hi Bigul!
I can switch the language menu ON for the online version. Are you available to have a look at it now?

Thanks,

Paul

March 19, 2019 at 4:11 pm #3381107

z.hdn.-paulL

P.S.: the url is hidden link

March 19, 2019 at 4:12 pm #3381113

z.hdn.-paulL

was falsly autocorrected the url is hidden link

March 19, 2019 at 4:25 pm #3381311

z.hdn.-paulL

I do not get any database issues ... and used the Duppro Image I provided before to install a AWS instance.

March 19, 2019 at 6:36 pm #3382647

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the updates. I went through few of the Bass product in the frontend(on your site and my local copy). All of them is showing *Free Download* option. Please check the attached images and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

The topic ‘[Closed] untranslated products cannot be placed in cart’ is closed to new replies.