This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
June 20, 2019 at 2:55 am #4056041

andreyE-3

hello wpml team, I want to ask you. when I delete a part of the content on my website page then I click update, my website page does not change even though I have deleted one part of my website page. then when loading, a message appears "Warning: You are trying to edit the standard WordPress editor but your site is configured to use the WPML Translation Editor." can you help us find the problem?

June 20, 2019 at 11:31 am #4059423

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

The warning message appears when you have WPML translation editor turned on and you try to edit the translation page directly with the default WordPress editor.

If you are already using WPML translation editor for a translation I would suggest continue using it and make the translation 100% complete.

It seems you are using the translation editor and try to delete a part of content using the WordPress default editor which would result in a conflict. the possible solution in your case is
- open the translation in the translation editor, Mark the translation as 100% complete
- Edit the original content in the default language, on the right under languages section Turn Off "Use WPML Translation editor" button (screenshot attached)

After performing the above steps you will be able to delete parts of content directly in the translation.

I hope this helps you better, let me know if you still need assistance

Kind regards
Raja