This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.
Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.
|September 12, 2019 at 11:24 pm #4564423|
I am trying to: Keep my site running
Link to a page where the issue can be seen: N/A
I expected to see: Updates installed smoothly, without errors, every time
Instead, I got:
|September 13, 2019 at 5:53 am #4565737|
Thank you for contacting WPML Support.
1) Please make sure you have registered WPML in this site and then please go to Plugins >> Add new >> Commercial tab >> and try to update plugins from there.
2) If the still issue persists, please update manually every WPML plugin with the latest ones downloaded from your account page. Then don't forget to clean the browser and server cache, as this sometimes happens due to cache.
To do a manual update please follow these steps:
1. Backup your database – see for example: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-db-backup/
2. Deactivate the existing WPML plugin and add-ons.
3. Delete the plugin files – this does not delete your translations. You will simply delete the plugin files from your "wp-content/plugins" folder, NOT the database records.
4. Download the updated plugins from our servers (https://wpml.org/account/downloads/) and upload them to the plugin directory.
5. Activate the WPML plugin and add-ons.
Also, I request you to update the WP Memory Limit to at least 128MB which is the minimum requirement for WPML: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
Add this code to your wp-config.php to increase WP memory:
/** Memory Limit */ define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M'); define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
Paste it just before:
/* That's all, stop editing! Happy publishing. */