This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 8 months, 1 week ago.

Author Posts
February 15, 2019 at 10:17 am #3204006

marioD-25

I am trying to: update to the latest WPML versions. As registered user, I received today a message in WordPress backend, that a new version of WPML is out and it should be updated.

Upon trying to update WPML Multilingual CMS from version 4.2.0 to version 4.2.1, this error appeared:
Update Failed: The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

Upon trying to update WPML String Translation from version 2.10.0 to version 2.10.1, this error appeared:
Update Failed: Plugin update failed.

Upon trying to update WPML Translation Management from version 2.8.0 to version 2.8.1, this error appeared:
Update Failed: The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

I can only install the WPML update be deleting the old versions, but this is not elegant. Can you possibly fix this issue?
We are using WordPress 5.0.3

thanks in advance for your reply.
Mario

February 15, 2019 at 10:27 am #3204026

Beda
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch ) Italian (Italiano )

I have a tip to share:
Go to Dashboard Menu > Updates and hit the "Check Again" button.

Does it work now?

If not, please let us know.

The topic ‘[Closed] Update failed’ is closed to new replies.