Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by clare 1 year, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
October 4, 2022 at 4:57 pm #12179739

clare

I am trying to: update from 4.5.10

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: updated!

Instead, I got:! Update failed: Could not copy file. sitepress-multilingual-cms/res/flags/tl.png

i have updated another site with wpml and it updated ok with the normal updater to 4.5.11
i saw that mail about a patch, but because my other site updated with no problem, i thought i should ask you first. thanks for your help.

October 4, 2022 at 5:22 pm #12179977

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there.

This could happen for multiple reasons and the issue might be related to the current server configuration/rules, but no worries.

Please try the following steps and see if that works fine:

1. Create a full website backup
2. Disable and delete WPML
3. Download WPML straight from our site here: https://wpml.org/account/downloads/ (click the button below so that you can manually download the zip file)
4. Then go to Plugins > Add new > Upload > and upload the zip file and see if you are able to properly install the latest WPML version
5. If everything works fine, then go to Plugins > Add new > Commercial > and try to register WPML again

Please let me know how that goes.

Mihai Apetrei

October 11, 2022 at 7:24 am #12217637

clare

thanks for great support as always. this resolved itself on its own. the next time i tried to update it just worked. i think it was a space limit issue and nothing to do with wpml.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.