Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by stephaneB-2 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
April 24, 2019 at 8:40 pm #3676745

stephaneB-2

I am trying to: Update WPML String Translation to 2.10.4

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see: The same as we see now

Instead, I got: Some sections seem to be getting the background attribute of other sections, almost always off by 1.

Reverting to 2.9.2 removes the issue, so does deactivating the plugin.

April 25, 2019 at 5:02 pm #3684603

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi there,

I sent some instructions to replicate the website through a private message (previous answer).

Please let me know if it worked for you. If so, please send us clear instructions on how to see/reproduce the issue.

Kind regards,
Diego

April 25, 2019 at 9:21 pm #3685979

stephaneB-2

I have completed the migration, however I am unable to reproduce the issue on that server.

April 26, 2019 at 7:53 pm #3693139

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi there,

It seems to work ok on the test site: hidden link (the images are removed automatically on our test server to save disk space).

it may be a caching issue. please clear all caches (WordPress, server and browser) and check if the issue persist.

It's also possible to fix it using CSS. please add the following snippet to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS:

#post-483 div.et_pb_section.et_pb_section_0 {
    background-size: contain;
    background-position: center right;
    background-blend-mode: hard-light;
    background-color: initial!important;
    background-image: linear-gradient(21deg,#ffffff 49%,#e2e2e2 100%),url(<em><u>hidden link</u></em>)!important;
}

#post-483 .et_pb_section_1.et_pb_section {
    background-color: #ffffff!important;
}

Please let me know if it worked for you.

Kind regards,
Diego

April 29, 2019 at 1:04 pm #3703559

stephaneB-2

I'm trying to duplicate the issue internally, somehow it only happens on that specific server.

April 30, 2019 at 12:32 pm #3710989

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

Ok, please let me know if it worked.

If you want, I can also take a look at the website on your server. in this case, Please send us access to your WordPress dashboard (website URL, login and password) I'll check and do some tests. - Please use the private field to send the sensitive data - do not post if you do not see it.

It would be better if you give me a test site rather than the live site.

IMPORTANT Please backup a working copy of site files and database before.

Kind regards,
Diego

April 30, 2019 at 3:04 pm #3712631

stephaneB-2

I think I found the issue and its a big problem.
When we first built our site using WPML and Divi, we had the minify css option active in Divi. We deactivated about 8 months ago because we had multiple issues with it.

Somehow, and only when the new version of String Transaction is active, specifically on that server, it would revert to using the cached minified / css files. The older version did not do this and we did many updates in between.

I've had to activate then deactivate the option in Divi to fix it.

May 1, 2019 at 6:03 pm #3719353

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for the update. I will forward this info to our team.

Is the issue solved on your wbebsite? if you need us to investigate further or need more help please let me know.

Kind regards,
Diego

May 1, 2019 at 7:33 pm #3719545

stephaneB-2

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!