This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
July 22, 2019 at 10:30 am #4256079

dimitrisS-7

Tell us what you are trying to do?

When I am trying to update Advanced Custom Fields PRO from 5.6.7 to 5.8.2 everything goes great but i lose the field in all the Post Objects types, in every page that has translation at any site.

The field with the Items to be translated is a post type.

After the plugin update, if I update each page (on its main translation) that has a post object manually, the content of the other pages (that have translated ones) will get their post objects filled and will be shown without a problem.

I am uploading you screenshots with the existing problem we are dealing with in the test environment of our multisite The images include:
Two screenshots with the displayed pages after the update (one greek one english).
Two screenshots within the edit page section of the admin panel and the configurations we are using to display the translations (one greek one english).

As you can see the 'items of destination promos' and 'items of promos section' are not displayed neither in the "displayed published" page not in the "edit page" like all the other sections.

Is there something i am missing out?

What is the link to your site?

hidden link and at THE footer you can see the 6 more websites included in the multisite.

At the above links you can view the active websites without the update of the ACF PRO.

July 22, 2019 at 9:51 pm #4261503

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

You wrote:
"... if I update each page (on its main translation) that has a post object manually, the content of the other pages (that have translated ones) will get their post objects filled and will be shown without a problem..."

Does manually updating the pages resolve the frontend issue? If so, is your concern WHY you have to do this operation in order to see the object items correctly?

Thank you for the clarification

July 25, 2019 at 7:51 am #4280335

dimitrisS-7

You are correct. Yes, manually updating the pages resolves the issue. And Yes, i need to know why i have to do the above operation on plugin update manually, and how i can avoid doing it.

July 25, 2019 at 4:04 pm #4285057

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

I´ve checked with our 2nd tier support group. This behaviour is not expected at all and we cannot understand why this might happen.

I´m wondering if we can setup a test site to try to replicate this behaviour.

Would you be willing to help us set this up? We could provide a sandbox site with our latest releases of plugins. You would then have to load up ACF Pro 5.6.7, create a simple example and then upgrade.

Waiting for your confirmation.

The topic ‘[Closed] Update of ACF PRO with WPML on a Multisite’ is closed to new replies.