Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 14:00 9:00 – 14:00 9:00 – 14:00 9:00 – 14:00 9:00 – 14:00 -
- 19:00 – 22:00 19:00 – 22:00 19:00 – 22:00 19:00 – 22:00 19:00 – 22:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 26 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by peterC-12 3 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Yvette.

Author Posts
December 24, 2020 at 12:14 pm #7730249

peterC-12

I have a range of woocommerce products in their original language (Dutch) and then the linked product translation in French.

For all the products there are also custom product fields (via plugins like Booster, CFF and others), for example for volume pricing.

Every time I update and save something (anything !) for a product in the original language,
all the custom elements in the linked French translation are completely emptied.

So, for example: I update something in the product description in the original Dutch language version of the product and click 'save' => all the content of the custom fields in the linked French is automatically wiped out.

How can I prevent this from happening ?

December 28, 2020 at 10:53 am #7741331

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I would need to understand a concrete example to see why this might be happening.

Custom field content synchronisation is controlled by the multilingual content settings here:
WPML > Settings > Custom Field Translation

From what you describe, it sounds like the contents are getting overwritten with blanks....but, again, I would need to troubleshoot a concrete case and know the names of the custom fields that are having this experience.

As a first diagnostic step, please confirm that this behaviour occurs when you temporarily deactivate the non-WPML plugins (except for Woocommerce) and also change your active theme temporarily to Storefront.

I wait for your input on that test.

December 30, 2020 at 11:14 am #7753825

peterC-12

hello Yvette,

I tried what you suggested: storefront theme + deactivating all plugins except woocommerce and wpml. But the problem is still there.

I have made a copy of the site. You can test it there all you want (and change anything you like). How can I give more details (login + more details on testing) so that they don't show up in this public thread ?

December 30, 2020 at 12:43 pm #7754339

Yvette
Supporter

I am opening the private area below for you to provide access details for this site copy.

Please include detailed steps to replicate the issue in your next reply.
Thanks a lot!

December 30, 2020 at 4:22 pm #7755365

Yvette
Supporter

Thanks for the details.

It´s a strange issue and I´d like to focus on getting the backend WCML dashboard looking correctly before considering the fixerio.

I will be troubleshooting this on a local server so I took a Duplicator snapshot of the site.

If I cannot make any progress, I will be escalating this to our 2nd tier support

January 5, 2021 at 11:29 am #7779625

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

First - I´m sorry for the delay to respond during holiday season.

So, I set the following custom fields to be "Translate" in the Multilingual Content Setup section (see image):
woocommerce_cpcff_form = "Translate"
_wcj_wholesale_price_per_product_enabled = "Translate"
_wcj_wholesale_price_levels_number = "Translate"

I also enabled the Translation Editor

When I then "Edit" the Fr version and set the values to what you mentioned....then the values are saved. But it is true that you have to reenter them each time - the old translated values are not retained.

This seems to be a compatibility issue with the plugin.

I would have to open a compatibility issue for this. Are these custom fields all coming from "Booster for WooCommerce"?

Our compatibility process is as follows:
- I will provide a sandbox site for you to upload the plugin. The sandbox is pre-loaded/pre-configured with WPML/Woocommerce and sample products
- You should upload the plugin and set a very simple example that illustrates the problem.
- I will confirm this on the sandbox site and send the site to our compatibiltiy team.

If they are able to provide a workaround, then they will. But I have to warn you that some compatibility issues are difficult to resolve unless we have the collaboration of the plugin author. So, there is the possibility that a solution is never found.

This being said - are you willing to begin this process? Your alternative is to use the Translation Editor and recognise that you will have to retranslate the Booster custom fields each time you make a change to the original product (e.g. the custom fields get reset to default values).

In any case, it is worthwhile to at least start the process to confirm that this issue still exists on a fresh installation. SOmetimes, during the process, we find the solution.

Please let me know.

January 5, 2021 at 12:04 pm #7779837

peterC-12

Hello Yvette,

First of all, best wishes for 2021 !

Thank you for the reply. The problem is not only for some custom fields from Booster, but also for the Calculated Fields Form plugin. So it might be something that also affects many other plugins out there.

Yes, of course I would like to enter the compatibility process and help solve the issue.
Let me know where and how to proceed !

January 5, 2021 at 3:13 pm #7781157

Yvette
Supporter

OK

Here you go:
hidden link

Please upload the plugin and create an example of the issue we have just seen on your site.
Let me know when that´s done.

Thanks

January 7, 2021 at 9:54 am #7792071

peterC-12

Done. I installed the booster plus plugin in that sandbox.

You can see the problem for product "Wordpress Pennant":
Now I have activated and implemented the booster wholesale pricing for both the English and Spanish version.

But if you now update the English version of that product (even by just clicking "update" without changing anything), all the input of the wholesale pricing gets erased in the Spanish version.

(I have not installed the Custom Fields Form plugin, because I strongly suspect that it's simply the same issue. So if it would be solved for the booster plugin, it's probably solved for other plugins too)

Let me know if I can help more

January 7, 2021 at 10:53 am #7792549

Yvette
Supporter

Thank you so much for your collaboration. The example was perfectly setup.

Your issue has now been escalated to our compatibility team for troublshooting and I hope they can offer you a workaround soon.

January 26, 2021 at 10:12 am #7929211

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

I have news about your ticket.

The plugin you uploaded has a WPML addon: hidden link, which was not enabled on the test site.

They suggest checking it and going to the plugin support if it is not working as expected as they claim to be compatible but we do not have any working relationship with them.

If they have issues with their compatibility/bridge plugin, they should contact us through this program:
https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/

I´m sorry to not have any better news for you.

January 26, 2021 at 10:38 am #7929689

peterC-12

Hello Yvette,

What a very strange answer...

The WPML module in Booster was available in the demo setup (no extra download or license needed). Why did they not activate it, if it was not on by default ?? So they can analyze where the problem was ?

Maybe I can reinstall everything in the demo setup ? (and simply enable the booster wpml )
Would that be ok ?

January 26, 2021 at 11:24 am #7930553

Yvette
Supporter

Sure - I can try again. Let me give you a new site since the original one is no longer available:

hidden link

Please do the same as before and let me know when completed

January 29, 2021 at 9:05 am #7959567

peterC-12

Hello Yvette,

I reinstalled everything on the new test site. Booster plus is implemented and activated.

I also activated the WPML setting of Booster (to be found at Woocommerce/Booster Settings/Emails&Misc/Booster WPML). I did not change the default settings of this part (so it's the same as on my regular websites)

Now, again the issue:
- I activated the booster wholesale pricing module
- I entered a wholesale pricing in the English product "Pennant"
- I entered the same wholesale pricing in the Spanish version of "Pennant"
=> when you press 'update' in the English version (with or without chaning anything else), the wholesale pricing setting in the Spanish version automatically gets wiped clean.

The team can test it themselves. I currently entered again the wolesale pricing on both the English and Spanish version.

If the investigating team wants to play around with booster wpml settings, they can at Woocommerce/Booster Settings/Emails&Misc/Booster WPML/settings. As said, I did not change anything here.

Hopefully they find something !

Have a great day !

Peter

February 1, 2021 at 8:00 am #7973961

Yvette
Supporter

One last question - have you approached the developers of this bridge plugin with the issue? It seems to me that they need to be the first line of contact if their bridge plugin is not achieving the desired compatibility level.

I only ask because this is the first question that our compatibility team will throw back at me.

Please advise.