This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.26 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by aikateriniC-2 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
September 15, 2019 at 1:34 pm #4574713

aikateriniC-2

I am trying to: update String Translation

Instead, I got: the plugin could not be updated and I think that issue is correlated with this ticket: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wp_icl_string_pages-table-problem/page/2/

September 16, 2019 at 4:52 pm #4582717

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I recall helping you before and we suspected a resources issue.

If you temporarily deactivate the non-WPML plugins (to reduce resource requirements), change your active theme to a Twenty Seventeen and then attempt to upgrade the plugin, does it work?

Please send a snapshot of the exact error message and also activate Worpress debug mode to see if any further messages are given in the log.

Thanks

September 16, 2019 at 9:18 pm #4584247

aikateriniC-2

Hi, I tried to update String Translation plugin and it worked.

The ticket https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wp_icl_string_pages-table-problem/page/2/ though remains unsolved.

I still cannot make backups with updraft.

Best

September 17, 2019 at 12:09 am #4584555

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Ok - I´m re-opening that other ticket so we can continue working on it.

Please respond to the last request on thaat thread.
Since you were able to upgrade the plugin finally, we can close this ticket now.

September 20, 2019 at 11:48 am #4611777

aikateriniC-2

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!