This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.62 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Leon van den Bos 2 years, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Joanna.

Author Posts
February 10, 2017 at 2:26 pm #1205216

Muriel

I am trying to update the plug-ins.
I had the same issue as in: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/downloading-is-not-possible-256-character-limit/#post-1075897

Did the update manually.
But still I get:

WPML Update is niet compleet

U werkt met geüpdatet wpml-cms-nav, wpml-media-translation, wpml-sticky-links, wpml-string-translation en wpml-translation-management, maar de volgende onderdelen zijn nog niet geüpdatet:

sitepress-multilingual-cms
Uw site zal niet functioneren zoals hij zou moeten doen in deze configuratie Update a.u.b. alle onderdelen die u gebruikt. Voor WPML onderdelel, kunt u updates ontvangen van uw WPML.org account of automatisch, nadat u WPML hebt geregistreerd.

Even tough the plug-in has been updated! ?

February 10, 2017 at 3:38 pm #1205319

Joanna

Hello Muriel,

Since you already tried to update manually, I would like to ask you for credentials to your website and FTP. It will help me debug the issue and find the solution. You will find the fields for WordPress and FTP access below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.

February 13, 2017 at 4:56 pm #1207059

Joanna

Hello Muriel,

Thank you for the credentials. However, when I tried to open your website, I got the 500 error and when I tried to log into FTP I was immediately disconnected (access denied).
Could you please check what's going on with your server?

February 14, 2017 at 9:28 am #1207596

Muriel

Ftp, the folder can be left out and do not use the secure TLS version.
The WPML Sitepress plug-in was the issue that caused the 500 error.
Removed it, reinstalled it via FTP.

Also received a workaround to put in wp-admin\includes\file.php from the hosting service.

February 15, 2017 at 10:29 am #1208809

Joanna

Hello Muriel,

Do I understand you correctly that everything works fine now? If not, please let me know.

February 15, 2017 at 3:00 pm #1209195

Muriel

Hi Joanna, for me this issue can be closed. But keep in mind that I am not the only one with a Windows Server, so something has got to be changed. 😉

May 9, 2018 at 5:26 am #2043101

Leon van den Bos

Well, google led me straight to this page...I have exactly the same problem.
Updated via plugin-section, via hidden link.
None of it will help and I keep getting this message as read before (muriel)