Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by charlesN-9 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
September 21, 2020 at 4:42 am #7055615

charlesN-9

I tried a simple update from version 4.3.19 to version 4.4.2. Prior to the update attempt the product page on my site was functioning normally. After the update the product page (Indonesian language) became blank, with no products.

The relevant product page is:

hidden link

Can you tell me how to revert back to version 4.3.19?

Can you tell me how to update to version 4.4.2 without mishap?

September 21, 2020 at 5:19 am #7055705

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

Please go to WPML > Support > troubleshooting and click all the buttons there except 'reset' : https://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-troubleshooting-options/

Then go to WooCommerce > WooCommerce Multilingual > Status
scroll down to the very bottom
at the right side you will see a link "Troubleshooting"
Click it and perform all the actions there (click all the buttons)

now go to Settings > permalinks
just resave settings

clear all type of cache

now check your Indonesian shop page.
Do you see the products now?

Please try the steps and let me know the results.

Regards,
Riffaz.

September 21, 2020 at 1:11 pm #7060201

charlesN-9

Hello Riffaz,

Thank you for the guidance. I tried the steps you suggested, which took me to the place in the attached image. Specifically, I clicked the buttons I found at WPML > Support > troubleshooting, steering away from anything that suggested "reset". Then, I went to WooCommerce > WooCommerce Multilingual > Status, which showed me the screen in the attached image.

The information in that image is flawed because the WPML String Translation plugin had been installed and recently updated. I did not see a "Troubleshooting" link at the bottom right of the page. So, I felt like I reached the end of the road. The product page in the Indonesian shop was still blank.

Nevertheless, I was able to revert back to a functioning state by selectively using my backup files. I am now back at version 4.3.19. Specifically, I incrementally replaced directories in httpdocs/wp-content/plugins, having identified those directories that were changed upon updating the plugin. These directories included /wpml-media-translation, /wpml-string-translation, and /wpml-translation-management. I was able to regain the product page on the Indonesian shop immediately after restoring /wpml-translation-managment with earlier files, prior to the update.

Both plugin updates - WPML Multilingual CMS and WPML String Translation - can cause my product page to go blank.

Can you tell me how to perform a plugin update without losing the product page in the Indonesian shop?

Regards,

Charles

September 22, 2020 at 4:20 am #7064783

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

I tested with the latest versions of WooCommerce and WCML and the 'troubleshooting' is in the place where it should be.
Please create a temporary admin user.
Let me know the username and password in the next private reply.

Can I update it for you?
Also, please take a backup of your site and database as well.

Regards,

September 23, 2020 at 6:51 am #7075879

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

I updated WPML plugins in your site.
I ran troubleshooting
and, both your English and Indonesian shop work fine (attached screenshot).

Please check, confirm and close the ticket.

Regards,

September 23, 2020 at 7:23 am #7076577

charlesN-9

Hello Riffaz,

I see that only WPML Multilingual CMS has been updated. See the attachment. Please update the remaining WPML plugins - WPML String Translation, WPML Translation Management, WPML Media -, as well as WooCommerce and WooCommerce Multilingual, and test again.

Thank you for your help,

Charles

September 23, 2020 at 10:29 am #7078547

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

I updated all WPML plugins again (attached screenshot) and the shop pages work fine.
Please check and confirm.

Regards,

September 24, 2020 at 1:46 am #7084685

charlesN-9

Hi Riffaz,

Thank you updating the WPML plugins. Can you tell me what issues had to be addressed before you were able to update successfully?

I noticed that the WooCommerce plugin has not been updated. See the attachment. Can you update WooCommerce to verify that there are no conflicts between the WPML updates and WooCommerce?

Thanks,

Charles

September 24, 2020 at 11:43 am #7090371

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

I updated WooCommerce as well and the both shop pages work fine. I tested.

Thank you updating the WPML plugins. Can you tell me what issues had to be addressed before you were able to update successfully?
- I did nothing but repeated the steps I explained here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/update-to-version-4-4-2/#post-7055705

Regards,

September 25, 2020 at 2:06 am #7094973

charlesN-9

Hello Riffaz,

Thank you for your help and the explanation about troubleshooting. I understand that in the troubleshooting area you clicked on ALL of the blue boxes in the clean up section. (see the attachment) Did you also run "Synchonize post taxonomies" for each of the items in the drop down menu?

Also, did you refrain from BOTH of the reset options? See the other attachment.

I think I will be ready to close this ticket after I get a response to these questions.

Thanks for your help,

Charles

September 27, 2020 at 4:41 am #7107889

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

Did you also run "Synchonize post taxonomies" for each of the items in the drop down menu?
- yes

did you refrain from BOTH of the reset options? See the other attachment.
- yes, I did not click on these buttons

Regards,

September 28, 2020 at 4:26 am #7111157

charlesN-9

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!