This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
August 8, 2019 at 7:37 pm #4365639

Todd

Hi there

We're having an issue with the update translation button.

I figured it was easiest to explain by video: hidden link.

Appreciate your help,
Todd

August 8, 2019 at 7:59 pm #4365723

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi Todd and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

My guess is that this issue is caused by a compatibility issue between WPML and one of the plugins that are already installed.

Can you please try the steps below and see if that solves the issue:

❌ Very important: please make a backup of your site (files & database) before following any of the upcoming steps ❌

- disable all plugins except WPML and its add-ons
- check if the issue is happening again
- if it's not, reactivate your plugins one by one, checking every time if the issue shows up again so that you can understand which plugin is causing that issue

If the issue happens even with the non-WPML plugins disabled:

- leave all the non-WPML plugins deactivated
- switch to a default theme like TwentySeventeen
- try to recreate the issue now

Please let me know how that goes and if you were able to find out what was causing the issue.

I will be waiting for your response.

PS: Just a note that I am at the end of my shift at the moment and I will be able to get back to you tomorrow.

If you would prefer to not wait for a ticket response, you can mark this current ticket as resolved and in the process of creating a new ticket, you can select the "Live chat" option (it should be the default method now).

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei