Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice.

Last updated by druvaI 1 year, 4 months ago.

Author Posts
August 27, 2019 at 7:00 pm #4469185

druvaI

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I would like to update WPML plugins from network admin in WordPress multisite. Every time I try to update, I get one of two error messages...
Update Failed: undefined
Update Failed: Update package not available.

I registered this site (which is just a staging site) in my WPML account. I've also tried to add the key but don't know where to add that in Multisite.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

I found a thread which seems to indicate that I would need to delete and manually reinstall WPML in order to complete updates. This would be cumbersome to do for every update.
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/update-in-wordpress-multisite/

Is there a similar example that we can see?

Not applicable.

What is the link to your site?

hidden link

August 27, 2019 at 7:17 pm #4469295

druvaI

I was able to finally figure this out.

Network Admin > Plugins > Add New > Commercial

You can find a spot to add the WPML license there. As soon as I added the license key, I was able to update the plugins via network admin.

This is really unintuitive. Having a place to add the license key under the WPML section in network admin would really help.