This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by laurec-3 1 week, 6 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
October 2, 2019 at 11:04 am

laurec-3

I am trying to: translate edited pages in EN to French after updating source text, however old text is displayed in the translation editor

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: the updated text (Working together to find Pragmatic Solutions) in the "original" text editor

Instead, I got: the old text (Working to find pragmatic solutions, guiding companies in the management of their human capital) in the "original" Text editor

October 2, 2019 at 11:08 am #4679495

laurec-3

Bad paste on previous example image upload

October 2, 2019 at 6:23 pm #4682689

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

Could you please increase your Memory Limit and WP Memory limit to 256M? 128M is the minimum required by WPML.
Your current values are:

MemoryLimit 768M
WP Memory Limit 40M
Add this code to your wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/* Memory Limit /
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

Paste it just before:

/ That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. /

These settings can be limited directly by your hosting provider, so I recommend you to contact and ask them to modify them directly.
If you can get even higher values It would be great.

https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
Note: WPML needs a minimum WP Memory limit of 128M to work only under a minimal environment, it means, with a default theme and no other plugins installed.

This should solve the issue. Make sure to update the page again and then open the WPML Translation Editor.

Kind regards
Andreas

October 2, 2019 at 7:53 pm #4683021

laurec-3

g'Day Andreas,

I contacted hosting company and they increased WP Memory limit to 256M per your instructions.

Purged cache, re-booted and issue remains. Please advise...

Thank you in advance
Kind regards,
Henry

October 2, 2019 at 8:49 pm #4683237

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

The provided credentials are not granting access to the website. Could you please confirm and provide access again?

I would now try to run the site in minimal setup to see if the issue persists:

Disable any additional plugin that is not related to WPML and its add-ons.

If the issue disappears please start reactivating any plugins, or activate them in small groups. This way please verify at which points the issue appears again to indicate the plugin that is causing the issue.

Also, change to a default theme like TwentySeventeen to see if the issue might be theme-related, but I do not think this might the case here.

Further, you could enable the wp-debug feature to see if there are any current PHP errors given.

Add the following to your wp-config.php file:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

If you open wp-config.php and that define statement is not there, you can add it right before this line:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Repeat the task that is causing issues. You should now be able to find a complete report inside of your wp-content folder. Look for a debug.log file and provide me the results.

More information about how to activate this feature you can find here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Kind regards
Andreas

October 3, 2019 at 1:31 pm #4688029

laurec-3

Thank you for your assistance Andreas.

After increasing the WP-Memory to 256MB, I tested functionality and it appeared the issue did not resolve. I performed some testing on a test page and issue did not appear.

I devised a workaround for existing pages which did not appear to have updated.

by editing each page (elementor) with a (-1) in a text field and updating, I was able to force updating the source in the translation editor. I would then go back and re-edit to remove the (-1), and translation editor source updated accordingly.

After I confirmed the source correct, then I would enter the translated text in "Translation to" field, mark the document 100% translated and the site's translated page updated correctly as well...

Marking this issue resolved, just wanted to enter my workaround for future reference or other people who may have experienced the same.

Thank you again, kind regards.

October 3, 2019 at 1:33 pm #4688039

laurec-3

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!