Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
April 16, 2020 at 4:16 pm #5925493

Nikita Nanos

I am trying to: Translate text that has been updated on pages

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: the updated EN text there so I can translate it.

Instead, I got: Old EN text that has since been updated and should not be there.

April 18, 2020 at 12:09 pm #5939047

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

Try clearing the cache in WPML going to:
WPML -> Support -> "troubleshooting" link -> "Clear the WPML cache" button
Please do a backup first.

Then resave the original page and send it again to the Advanced Editor.

If this doesn't help, can you try to:
- backup your site
- disable all plugin except WPML and its addons
- check if the issue is happening again
- if it's not, reactivate your plugins one by one, checking every time if the issue shows up again

If you still have the issue, please download from WPML > Translation the .xliff file for the problematic job and check if it's sending the old content or the new one.

April 20, 2020 at 7:06 pm #5952917

Nikita Nanos

Hello,

I tried all of the above and none of it fixed the problem. I downloaded the xliff file and it is sending the old content. What are the next steps?

April 21, 2020 at 12:22 pm #5959471

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I'd suggest a compatibility test, if possible.
- backup your site
- disable all plugin except WPML and its addons
- switch to a default theme like TwentySeventeen
- check if the issue is happening again
- if it's not, reactivate your plugins one by one, checking every time if the issue shows up again
- lastly, reactivate your theme

You could check if downloading the .xliff file in minimal mode is still sending the correct text or no.

Another thing, is the issue happening on all pages or just for one? What if you create a new test page and you update it after?

April 24, 2020 at 12:11 pm #5985869

Nikita Nanos

It's not feasible for us to disable our plugins. And it is happening on more than one page.

The topic ‘[Closed] Updated text to translate not showing in advanced translation editor’ is closed to new replies.