This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
October 4, 2018 at 5:55 pm

collinC-4

I am trying to: Update french content for any pages on the site (there are only a few)

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: (note this dev site uses the sub-domain method) hidden link

I expected to see: Any updates to the copy that get saved in the admin section.

Instead, I got: Original french content, as if an older version of the post/page is being output.

October 5, 2018 at 10:01 pm #2791780

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

I'm sorry for the late response. I will do my best to help you solve this issue.

1.- I edited the page in English -> Updated the translation to French (added the word 'Test' to the same place of the screenshot) -> Saved the changes -> And the change was kept correctly in the French version of the site.

However the CSS/Layout wasn't the same as the one in the English version. Could you double check the translated version (French) of this page and let me know if the issue with the outdated content persists?

2.- Please increase the PHP Memory Limit. Minimum requirements are 128Mb: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
You can add this to wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M' );

- Add it above the line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Note: Please keep all plugins and themes up-to-date to avoid compatibilty issues. Outdated functionalities can cause conflicts in the code.

Kind regards,
Carlos

October 5, 2018 at 10:24 pm #2791814

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I see that the example page is using Global Widgets and/or Templates that are not translated.

Please translate your Global Widgets/Templates to all languages and then see if you are still having problems completing the save/update.

If so, please write back and let me know so I can continue the analysis.
THanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Updates to french page content can be saved, but is not updated on the site.’ is closed to new replies.