Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Izzi Hassan 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Izzi Hassan.

Author Posts
October 21, 2019 at 1:20 pm

roxanneS

I am trying to:Problem 1) Updates are not displayed once saved Problem 2) An entry (et_pb_button: content) cannot be translated because the "Translation is complete" box is disabled. Note: I've tried disabling other plugins to no avail (WP Rocket, Yoast SEO, etc.) and switching to the parent theme instead of the child theme.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link

I expected to see:
Problem 1) There should be a period at the end of this sentence: NOUS VOUS AIDONS À CONSTITUER UN PATRIMOINE, À LE PRÉSERVER ET À LE FAIRE FRUCTIFIER
Instead, I got:1) No period

Problem_2_untranslatable-entry.png
October 22, 2019 at 6:24 am #4799043

Izzi Hassan

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to WPML Support.

I took a quick look and I can see a period at the end of that sentence as shown in Screenshot 1.

I also took a look at the pb_button_content field. In the original language page, there is a space as content. Clicking the Copy from original button copied over that space as shown in Screenshot 2. Once you have some content in a field, the Translation is complete box is enabled.

Please do let us know if this helps you resolve your issue, and don't hesitate to reach out again if you need further assistance with this topic!

Screenshot 2 - Myriad.PNG
Screenshot 1 - Myriad.PNG
October 22, 2019 at 12:21 pm #4802081

roxanneS

Problem 1) The period is showing on the backend, but never on the frontend. That's the problem. Updates never become live, even if I clear the cache. I also tried deactivating various plugins in case they were the problem.
Problem 2) Clicking the Copy button does nothing, therefore the Translation is complete box remains deactivated. Today, I had to manually type   in the translation to be able to update. Weirdest of all is that there is no button with a space in the content. It seems to be a ghost entry. Can you tell me which button module this entry is linked to?
You will now see that everything is working fine, since I was able to type   in the button content. When the translation reached 100%, then all translations became visible on the frontend after saving.
So, am I to understand that we must reach 100% for any translations to appear on the frontend. If that's the case, it defeats the purpose of Divi providing a "Translation is complete" box for each content instead of a single checkbox for the whole page.

October 23, 2019 at 10:23 am #4810033

Izzi Hassan

Hi,

The Translation Editor is not a Divi feature but rather a WPML one. The point of having a "Completed" option per field is to help users who have multiple translators working to translate large amounts of content. They are able to partially complete translations and come back to complete the translation at a later time.

Only once everything is translated does WPML consider the page or post translated.

As for copying content, I was able to copy content using the button. Could you give me an example of which field does not copy?

Finally, to address the real problem which is the button with no content. You are correct in that I was not able to find such a button either. What I did find is that you have a space inside a paragraph on each of the columns, above the "Learn More" buttons. When you edit this text, sometimes Divi shows the space inside paragrah tags like:

<p>&nbsp;</p>

and sometimes without the paragraph tags:

&nbsp;

When I look at this text on the English frontend, the spaces are correctly rendered:

<p>&nbsp;</p>

While on the French frontend, the paragraph tags are not closed:

<p>&nbsp;

This could explain why our Translation Editor is detecting an empty button. I will not make changes to your live site so could you try removing those blank space lines and replacing them with spacing on the bottom of the text, or spacing above the Learn More buttons? It seems Divi or WPML isn't handling them properly.