This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
September 11, 2018 at 6:28 pm #2724915

Marina Joseph

I was setting up a new template and have a series of strings in php that I'm translating. I realised I had a typo in one. So I changed it in the php template. I uploaded the new version with the updated string, but I still see the typo version in the list of string translations in WPML admin area. Is there a way of updating this? I waited a day, hoping the database would be refreshed.

The image shows the typo: clinic instead of client.

This is the line in the template with the updated text:

<?php $translation = __('Client Services', 'types-field-labels'); ?>
						<h5><?php echo $translation ?></h5>
September 13, 2018 at 8:55 am #2730638

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

Please visit the Page(that using the template) in the frontend. Then visit WPML>>String Translation and search for *Client Services* string. Most probably it will be registered as a new string for the translation.

If you are still having the issues, please try the following steps and make sure the string is registered or not.

1) Visit WPML>>Theme and plugins localization
2) Scroll down to *Strings in the themes* section
3) Choose the theme
4) Scan for theme strings
5) Visit WPML>>String Translation
6) Search for *Client Services* string

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 21, 2018 at 5:18 pm #2756109

Marina Joseph

sorry Bigul, I haven't had a chance to try this. It sounds like it will work, but when I do, I'll let you know. Thanks so much for your help

September 24, 2018 at 6:11 am #2759440

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Take your time. We will wait for your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul