Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by yuriH 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
October 30, 2019 at 4:27 pm #4857825

yuriH

I am trying to:

I'm trying to update all WPML components, but when I'm updating the String Translation Management, a fatal error occurs. Using the WordPress recovery mode, here's a description of the problem:

Een fout van het type E_ERROR werd veroorzaakt op regelnummer 394 van het bestand /data/sites/web/creafoambe/subsites/creafoam.net/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/inc/functions.php. Foutmelding: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to wpml_unregister_string_multi() must be of the type array, string given, called in /data/sites/web/creafoambe/subsites/creafoam.net/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/inc/class-wcml-endpoints.php on line 88 and defined in /data/sites/web/creafoambe/subsites/creafoam.net/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/inc/functions.php:394
Stack trace:
#0 /data/sites/web/creafoambe/subsites/creafoam.net/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/inc/class-wcml-endpoints.php(88): wpml_unregister_string_multi('69415')
#1 /data/sites/web/creafoambe/subsites/creafoam.net/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): WCML_Endpoints->migrate_ones_string_translations('')
#2 /data/sites/web/creafoambe/subsites/creafoam.net/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)
#3 /data/sites/web/creafoambe/subsites/creafoam.net/wp-includes/plugin.php(465): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
#4 /data/sites/web/creafoambe/subsites/creafoam.net/wp-settings.php(525): do_action('i

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

Plugin is de-activated for now, only when you activate te plugin, the website becomes inaccessible.

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

October 30, 2019 at 5:47 pm #4858553

Pierre
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi @yurih,

This was a problem occuring with WooCommerce Multilingual. Please update WooCommerce Multilingual 4.7.2 first (from Plugins > Add new > Commercial tab or manually by downloading from https://wpml.org/account/downloads/).

Let us know if it solves your issue.

Thanks,
Pierre

October 30, 2019 at 5:53 pm #4858615

Amit
Supporter

Setting the correct state,

October 30, 2019 at 7:21 pm #4858919

yuriH

Hi @pierre,

Do you mean WooCommerce Multilingual 4.3.2 (not 4.7.2)? I already installed 4.3.2 earlier today, but that's no solution for me. The soon I enable the latest version of String Translation Management, the website is going down...

@amit: what do you mean by setting the correct state? Where exactly?

October 31, 2019 at 9:13 pm #4867721

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
    Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Please, make sure to update to the 4.7.2 version of the WooCommerce Multilingual plugin to have this issue fixed.

If you don't see this version available for updates right in your WordPress Dashboard, please, go to your wpml.org account downloads section and download a zip folder of it, then deactivate and delete your current version and upload this one.

IMPORTANT: Please, note, a backup is required for security reasons and to avoid any data loss, you can use the https://wordpress.org/plugins/backupwordpress/ plugin for these backup needs.

As regarding your question regarding Amit comment it was just a support ticket status update not really related to your question.

Please, let me know the results, have a nice day.

November 5, 2019 at 10:03 am #4887459

yuriH

Thanks, the most recent updates fixed the problem!