This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
April 24, 2019 at 5:14 pm #3675485

robertE-2

I am trying to: update WPML Plugins and resume site translations

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: After updating the WPML plugins, I expected the translated site to continue working. I have ACF Options Pages that set a variety of fields like the "Find a Provider" form in the main navigation. This content was previously translated by copying my options pages to secondary languages and manually inputting content.

Instead, I got: After updating the WPML plugins, the page content that is fed from the ACF Options pages reverted to untranslated content (or, more accurately, to the default english content).
When I went test this locally and tried to edit the options pages (for any language than my default english language), I encountered the following error on "Update":

Notice: wpdb::prepare was called incorrectly. Unsupported value type (array). Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 4.8.2.) in /wp-includes/functions.php on line 4667

Warning: mysqli_real_escape_string() expects parameter 2 to be string, array given in /wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1172
April 24, 2019 at 7:41 pm #3676503

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

The ACF Options fields now need to be translated via WPML -> String Translation, which is how any fields that are stored in the wp_options table are stored. Please try translating this way and let me know if you still are seeing an error, or the translations are not working.